Now lay in it.'

Carmilla's POV:

Carmilla (12:15 A.M.): How's your head, cutie? Didn't come to class again today so I thought I'd check on you.

Laura (12:16): Better now actually, thanks again for the soup this weekend, it was really kind of you.

Carmilla (12:17): It was nothing really. Get a chance to check out those movies I suggested?

Laura (12:18): No actually I've been super busy. :/ I'm sorry.

Carmilla (12:20): That's okay cupcake, maybe we could make time this weekend?

Laura (12:30): Oh, I'll have to check my schedule.

Carmilla (12:32): I mean, we've still got to finish figuring out our project plans firstly.

Laura (12:33): Right, no, you're right. How's Saturday sound?

Carmilla (12:35): sounds good, just let me know the time details when you can? You know, with your 'busy schedule' and all.

Carmilla (12:35): Speaking of time, what are you doing up cupcake, don't you have a bedtime or something?

Laura (12:36): Ha-Ha, very funny. -_- I actually don't have a bedtime, and for your information I couldn't sleep well earlier. Stomach bug, but I think it's starting to wear down.

Carmilla (12:40): That's too bad, I was planning on threatening to bring you soup again. ;)

Laura (12:42): Soup at almost 1 in the morning? You're ridiculous :) what are you doing up at this time anyways?

Carmilla (12:43): I guess I'm a 'creature of the night' kind of person. Sleep doesn't exactly come easy for myself but that's okay. The night's where the fun happens. ;)

Laura (12:45): I'll take your word for it haha. :) I'm going to sleep now. Talk to you soon Carmilla, goodnight!

Carmilla (12:45): Sleep tight creampuff. I'll see you soon.

I smile at my phone and sigh.

"You've been on that thing all day Mircalla, you hate technology?" Mattie says looking at me. I drop my smile and allow my face to become a firm broody one. We had just finished hunting and were walking side by side to my apartment for some wine.

"It's for a project Mattie."

She scoffs. "Please. Since when do you care about getting assignments done on time? Don't you usually throw things together a few days after they're due anyways? You're pretty good at making stuff up."

"Well I can't exactly make up what my partner's personality is, now can I?"

She sends me a curious look.

"So you're saying, you have to get to know someone and write about them?"

"Tragic isn't it?"

She smiles deviously. "Don't act like you're not enjoying it."