-Home.-

"Mircalla you know this is pointless."

"Shhh." I look through the crack in the door but Laura's still sleeping.
"Are you telling me there really is no way?"

Mattie looks at me with sad eyes.
"Spend your days with her. Make her happy. Stop upsetting her and yourself. She wouldn't want this and you know it-"

"I know." I stare at Laura as she tosses in bed. She was peaceful when she slept. Her breathing became a lot more labored than before and it always worried me.
"I just... I had hope that there was some other way."

"This isn't like the movies Mir. You can't just dig your fangs into her and resurrect her. Even if you could, cancer is something even we can't control. As far as I know"

My head snaps to her.

"Carmilla please. It's not possible."

"My immortality." I say looking at her.

"What?"

It was simple.

"Instead of changing her, can't I sacrifice my immortality for her health?"

Mattie shakes her head.
"That'd be like making a deal with the devil himself Mir-"

"Then I'll do that!"
She places a hand on my shoulder with a sad look.

"Don't lose yourself Mircalla."

I sigh and look down as the tears begin to fill my eyes. All everyone could say was make her happy, keep her comfortable and safe. It was hard to do when I was slowly falling apart, but it was all I could do.

"Thanks Matts. I'll see you later." I say turning and walking back in the room without giving Mattie a proper hug. I assumed she'd understand. I close the door behind me and get back into bed with Laura. She instantly feels my presence and turns to cuddle into me placing an arm over my stomach and a leg over mine.

I couldn't help but think back to the days spent in her apartment while taking care of her. I wanted her to be comfortable but this place was definitely not it.

I kiss her forehead rubbing her back with my other arm. Maybe if I made myself sleep I'd stop thinking. I close my eyes and listen to Laura's loud breathing.

- - - - - -

"Carm." I feel a nudge on my shoulder.
"Carm wake up." I open my eyes to see Laura smiling at me with.. Mattie standing beside her side of the bed?

"What's going on?" I look back and forward between them both. Mattie opens her mouth to speak but Laf walks in.

"Your cab is on.." they look at me. "It's way.. um.. did you guys tell her?"

"Tell me what?" I say more confused then ever. "Cab?"

Laura laughs and hugs me.
"Mattie found a way for us to go home!" I fan feel Laura happily crying on my shoulder. I look over her shoulder at Mattie giving her a confused and shocked face. Mattie smiles down at me and nods.

"Mattie somehow afforded one of the best at-home doctors around. I don't understand how she did it but it doesn't really matter. Laura deserves to go home." Lafontaine smiles at us both. Laura releases me and looks at Mattie.

"I don't know if I could ever thank you enough."

"Anyone that makes Mir- I mean, Carmilla, happy is enough repayment for me." Mattie nods and returns a smile to Laura.