Christmas 'Coming Out' Party

Two long dreadful weeks had passed and Laura was doing a lot better. She managed to stay on track with her meds and was dealing with her side effects a lot better. She would slip every once and a while and not keep in some foods but overall she was starting to look herself again. It was enough to keep us both happy.

Since the thanksgiving accident we have been able to get back on track. She's always trying to be independent when I am around and as frustrating as it is, I allow her to do things on her own. It gives her a sense of strength and was the reason for her smile these days. She even managed to convince me into taking her to school during the week after the thanksgiving break. It was hard for her to get used to it again but she managed well enough. She is strong. I never let her go a day without reminding her.

We continued with her chemo schedule except now I went along with her. Laf wanted someone driving her home from now on since the session would be a little rougher than before, and boy were they rougher. She'd come home too tired to do anything. I'd have to help her up the stairs because her head was always pounding and her muscles were weak. Feeding her after chemo was hard but eventually she'd eat, or try to. She always managed to convince me into taking her to her favorite bench. I considered it her second home. After a couple of days spent at her place I practically moved in with her which we both didn't mind at all. She said I brought her comfort, making her home feel more like home. We kept each other warm and in my arms I felt she was safe.. I took over payments on her apartment since I had more than enough money to pay for it and more.

It was friday afternoon, a week before Christmas and Laura had been speaking to me about a Christmas party.

"So you're telling me your dad throws a yearly Christmas party a whole week before Christmas?"

"Yup. It was tradition when..." She pauses. "Well, it's been tradition."

I give her a curious look but before I could ask why she paused she interrupts my thoughts.

"And we're not missing it."

"Oh, 'We're' not missing it, huh?"

"Yup." She nods crossing her arms. "As in, you're invited too Carm and you're not getting out of this one."

I laugh at her as she keeps her tough stance.

"What's in it for me?"

"How about spending a little time with your girlfriend." She walks towards me and puts her arms on my shoulders and her hands behind my neck. I rest mine on her waist.

"Tempting," I smile at her.

"And if that's not enough, my dad's buying wine for others so-"

"That's it, I'm in." I interrupt her.

She looks at me in frustration.

"What? Free drinks is a deal breaker." I wink at her as she rolls her eyes and scrunches her nose causing me to smile.
"You know, that bunched up little face you make when you're angry is hilarious buttercup." I say placing a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"Is not." She says pouting.

"Is so" I say pulling her close.
"And besides, you know I'm going to go if you're going cupcake, there was never a doubt."

"You're so frustrating you know?" She says placing her forehead against mine.

"But you love it." A smile begins to form on her lips causing me to smile just as big.

"Well get dressed, my dad will no doubt need help in the kitchen so we'll have to be early." She says letting me go and walking towards our room.

"Lovely." I sigh following after her.