Making Plans.

Laura's POV:
"Okay. When I said 'Adventuring' I didn't think we'd end up here, cupcake." Carmilla says pointing at the store before her. Her face looked very unamused with my choice.

"Not a fan of Halloween stores?" I laugh at her confused face.

"Halloween's my favorite holiday actually, just wasn't expecting you to care much for it." She shrugs her shoulders.

I wasn't sure whether to be offended or not. I was a quiet person after all, but who doesn't love Halloween?

"Well, I usually dress up for Halloween and hand out candy at my.." I pause. "...at my dad's house.. but with him being in the hospital and all, I just haven't found the time to get a costume so-"

"So you decided to bring our adventure here?" She says raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hey, what happend to the 'ladies first' attitude?" I say nudging her shoulder with mine. "Besides, you can help me pick one."

I see an amused smile start to form on her face.

"How enticing. Well," She opens the door to the Halloween store for me, "after you." She gestures for me to walk in. I nod and walk through the door with her close behind.

"Anything specific you might be looking for creampuff? OH! How about this?" She grabs a very revealing nurse costume. I scrunch my face.
"What? Too pure for it?" She teases as I roll my eyes.

"A-actually, I'm looking for something," I take the costume and put it back "a little less revealing."

"PG-13 huh? How incredibly dull." She says with a sigh walking around me to the next rack of costumes.

"I just don't think revealing myself for the enjoyment of others is ideal. Especially if the people looking at me begin to objectify me by it just because I'm a woman, or maybe even just see me as sex object. It's degrading to woman-"

"Slow down creampuff, I didn't realize I offended you." She interrupts me while trying on a Mad Hatter Hat.

"No I just.. it's complicated." I say sighing and continue looking through costumes until Carmilla places her hand over mine causing me to freeze. My gaze falls on hers and I can see the softness in her eyes but tension in her shoulders.

"Hey, I was only kidding. You're right, I shouldn't have joked like that, I'm sorry." I feel her hands warmth over mine. We stand there for a bit just looking at each other until I finally allow my mind to process her words.

"No no, you didn't offend me at all, it's okay, really." I send her a smile and I instantly see the tension in her shoulders release. It wasn't until I look at our hands that she realizes hers is still on mine. She let's go and places the hand on the back of her neck rubbing it.

Is she.. blushing? No.. she can't be.

"Well now that that's over with" she interrupts my thoughts, "How about a movie character costume?" Before I could speak she was walking into the Marvel costume isle. I followed behind looking through all of the costumes.
"Got a favorite Marvel movie?" She asks looking through the rack of costumes.

"Well.. there is one I kind of like." I smile and look at the other side of the isle. I pull the costume off the rack and show Carmilla. When she finally turns to look, her concentrated face is gone and the smile her face forms immediately sends a shock wave through me. Her lips were perfectly curved and her eyes were full of admiration.
"What do you think?"

"It's perfect, cupcake." She says touching the fabric. "You'll definetly do it justice."

I smile satisfied with her response.