Breathe Clear..

Carmilla's POV:

"Mattie, somethings wrong." I say standing up with the phone close to my ear. I could hear Mark speaking to Laura.

"Laura! Laura please wake up!"

His muffled voice was cut off from the other side of the line. Fear was striking through me like a lightning bolt. I felt numb. The fear in his voice only meant something had gone terribly wrong. I had to get there and as soon as possible.

"Mattie I've got to teleport-"

"Don't." She shakes her head. "You know how much that drains you Mircalla we should never do that unless we absolutely have t-"

"This is an emergency Mattie! Laura could be hurt!" I grab a blood bag and place it in my jacket pocket.

"Mircalla please just driv-" before she could finish her sentence I had my eyes closed and was gone. The familiar needle-like feeling poking at every inch of my body brought a stinging pain to me, nothing I couldn't handle but gosh did it hurt like hell. I opened my eyes to find myself outside of Marks home. I collapse to my knees feeling light headed. Teleporting wasn't something we did easily and I was still trying to master it. The burning sensation stuck to my skin like a thousand nails poking every inch of me but I suffered through the pain remembering Laura needed me. Standing up I run as best I can to the door busting through it to find Laura in Marks arms. Her body was limp and her stomach was barley moving indicating her breathing was slow and labored. I froze at the sight.

Is she...

"Quick call the hospital, tell them we're on our way!" He yells at me snapping me out of my thoughts. My hands shook grabbing my phone and doing as he said. I run to her aid after calling ahead. Mark hands her to me and runs to open his police cruiser car door allowing me to carry her into the back seat. He helps me lay her to where her head was placed in my lap and body stretched across the seat. Turning on his lights he sped to the hospital.

I felt cold and frozen. The pain in my body from teleporting went numb at the sight of Laura. Her motionless body was in my hands. I wrapped my arms around her upper body cradling her head and holding her close to me.

Wake up Laura please. Please wake up.

I tried to hold back the tears in my eyes thinking about what Mattie said.

"Let me be your strength cupcake." I whisper with a shaky voice in her ear. I had to be strong for her. I had to have hope. Her stomach was visibly moving up and down still, showing me that she still was breathing but very faintly. Her shirt was was a little lifted and I could see a dark dark bruise starting to form on her side. I gently lower her shirt and look away.

"Hang on baby. We're almost there." I brush the hair out of her face and place a soft kiss against her forehead.
I didn't know what was wrong with her and it scared me. I wanted to take it away. I wanted her to open her eyes and smile at me letting me know that she's okay. She had to be okay..

When we reach the hospital everything's a blur. I remember handing her off to the nurse and the doctor I assumed to be Dr. Lafontaine. I whisper to her before they pry her from me and place her on a stretcher to wheel her into the emergency room.

Please be okay Laura.

- - - - - - -

Laura's POV:

I open my eyes to a hazy bright light. Everything around me was white. The bed sheets, the walls, the ceiling. If I didn't blink enough to clear up my vision I'd think I was floating in the clouds. I saw the monitors to my right and the familiar smells of the hospital. My hearing slowly came back as I heart the monitors beeping beside me.