Epilogue.

It was a warm summer afternoon, exactly 2 years since Laura's passing. A lot had happened since..

The first couple of months were the hardest. I had lost weight from the lack of food I had eaten. It's not that I didn't want to, I just didn't have the strength. Mattie helped me get back on my feet with that. Everyday I'd visit Laura's grave and read a new poem each time. I knew she'd like that. Laura was burried beside her mother, where her and I discussed she'd be placed.

Not a day went by that I didn't visit her bench either. I visited her and her spot in the rain, cold, and shine. It was something I knew she would have loved doing had she had the strength. I was planning on buying the cabin from Mattie since Laura wanted it for us, but she ended up giving it to me as a 'wedding gift'. She had done so much for me. I couldn't part from Laura's apartment though, so I kept that as well when I didn't feel like driving out to the cabin.

Mark visited everyday for the first few months, due to the fact that I never left the cabin. He'd tell me more stories of Laura's childhood to feed the emptiness I felt with happiness. He was having a hard time as well but together we made it through. He eventually went back to work helping people as the town's sheriff. It's what Laura would have wanted.

Lafontaine and Perry visited the park more often. They both also checked on me when they could but had very busy lives of their own. I enjoyed their company when I had it. Lafontaine had a custom plack placed on Laura's side of her bench with her name on it. It brought me pure happiness. We speak every time we see each other as if we never stopped.

I was actually busy on my own now. It took me a year to fully get back on my feet. I had a lot of help during that year, but the year after that I was able to hold my own. I got the job me and Laura talked about. I was now a philosophy teacher at Silas University. It wasn't the highest paying job, but I wasn't in it for the money. I still had more than enough to last me a life time, or 20.

"Mommy, can we visit mama Laura today?"

Oh yes, how could I forget to mention, I adopted a 4 year old son named Landon as me and Laura always wanted.

"Of course Landon, we go everyday sweetie." I smile at him as he runs up to me from playing with Charlie at the park.

"I know. But can we bring Charlie?"

"As long as he doesn't try pooping on anyone else's grave again." I say causing Landon to chuckle.

"Deal." He says handing me his pinky. I take hold of it with my own.

"Let's go little man." I say as I stand from the bench. Landon grabs hold of my hand and I hold Charlies leash with the other.

- - - - -

We reach her flower filled stone and sit at the newly installed bench. It was beginning to become my favorite place to sit, think, and talk to her. Landon walks up to the stone and kisses it. It was something he did everyday on his own. It always melted my heart. The grass was fully grown around the cemetery. It was a beautiful green that made the many colors of the flowers pop out. I knew Lafontaine visited when I saw yellow. I knew Mark visited when I saw red. And I knew Mattie visited when I saw white. Landon and I decided to be unique and bring a dozen blue iris', Laura's favorite color.

"Do you miss her?" Landon says from beside me. I squat down and place an arm around his shoulder. Charlie sits quietly beside me while I hold his leash.

"Every second of everyday."

"Do you think she would have liked me?"