Welcome To The Island

The next morning, Mystery Inc., along with the two Martins, and John Hammond were onboard a large luxury helicopter with two other men, and they were all heading off to the island. One of the two men was the lawyer, Gennaro, that Mr. Hammond had told the gang about, who looked to be in his 40's. And the second man looked to be in his late 30s early 40s, with black hair, eyes hidden behind dark sun glasses and wearing all black clothes.

"So, you all deal with monsters an ghosts?" The dark haired man in black asked the gang.

"We try to, whilst trying not to be killed in the process." Braedey answered back to him.

He then started laughing, which seemed to confuse Fred, Shaggy, Scooby and Braedey, whilst Daphne, Velma and Valka was too confused.

"You'll have to get use to Dr. Malcolm." John told the gang, whilst introducing them to the man in black. "He suffers from a deplorable excess of personality, especially for a mathematician."

"Chaotician, actually! Chaotician!" Dr. Malcolm interjected, as Hammond snorted, not even bothering to cover up his disdained look on his face. "John doesn't subscribe to Chaos, particularly what it has to say about his little science project."

"Codswollop! Ian, you've never come close to explaining these concerns of yours about this island." John told him.

"I certainly have! Very clearly! Because of the behaviour of the system in phase space!" Dr. Malcolm then told John.

"A load of, if I may say so, of fashionable number crunching, that's all it is!" John told him. Malcolm then squeezed Hammond's knee, to which he shoved away. "I wish you wouldn't do that!"

Malcolm chuckled and turned to the gang. "Mystery Inc., Martin family. You all ever heard of Chaos Theory?"

"No." Daphne, Velma, and Valka replied in unison, whilst shaking their heads.

"No? Non-linear equations? Strange attractions?"

Again, the girls shook their heads. He then looked to Valka. "Miss Martin, I refuse to believe that you aren't familiar with the concept of attraction."

Fred, Shaggy, Scooby, and Braedey rolled their eyes as Malcolm grinned at Valka, and she looked away, looking rather flustered.

"Hmm. I bring scientists, you bring a rock star." Hammond said to the lawyer, who then looked lost for words as he tried to think of something to defend himself with. Just then, Hammond looked out of the window, as he saw what they were arriving at. "There it is!"

The gang all looked out of the windows and, they saw that they were coming up to an island that was full of trees, grass, tall mountains, and a river that ran through the island and into the ocean. The island was about 120 miles off the west coast of Costa Rica. The island has a surface of 22 square miles. Its mountain ridges created varied ecological niches.

 Its mountain ridges created varied ecological niches