The Next Morning

The next morning, Braedey woke up with Daphne, and the two of them see one of the brachiosaurs coming over to them to get breakfast from the trees. This made them smile.

Shaggy and Scooby woke up, and they saw the dinosaur. The two didn't run away, as they saw the animal eating up the leaves on the branches around them.

"It's okay." Braedey told them. "It's a brachiosaur."

"I guess it's safe to go around now." Daphne said. "I don't hear anything."

"I agree." Braedey replied.

With that, they all climbed out of the tree and decided to explore. It seemed safe so far and seemed quiet this morning. Once it was safe, they all got off the tree and started to walk.

Braedey then saw something. He leaned down to what it could be. He was sitting at one spot and looking down at what looked like hatched egg shells.

"You know what this is?" Braedey asked them one he picked up one white piece. "It's a dinosaur egg... The dinosaurs are breeding."

"But, like, I thought all of dinosaurs here were female." Shaggy was confused.

Braedey then had an idea of how it was possibly possible. "Of course! The Amphibian DNA."

"Rhat's that?" Scooby asked.

"Something about frogs?" Daphne suggested.

"Actually, yes." Braedey began to explain, as he picked up one of the egg shells. "On the tour, the film said they used frog DNA to fill in the gene-sequence gaps. They mutated the dinosaur genetic code, and blended it with that of frogs... Now, most West African frogs have been known to change sex from male to female in a single sex environment..." He then smiled with a light laugh. "Dr. Malcom was right."

"Hey, look." Daphne said as she saw tiny dinosaur footprints.

" Daphne said as she saw tiny dinosaur footprints

"Life found a way." Braedey smiled.

~*~*~

Back at the Visitor's Centre, Malcom was being informed of what has been happening, whilst trying to catch up on some rest, but was a lot better than he was the night before.

"Isn't there a way to get the power back on?" Fred asked.

"We're talking about a calculated risk, Mrs. Martin, and it might be the only thing left. We'll never find the command Nedry used," John sighed. "He's covered his tracks far too well. I think it's obvious now that he's not coming back."

"Well, why not just shut down everything and then turn them back on?" Valka asked.

"Shutting down the system is the only option we have," John sounded grave. "Now as I understand it, all the systems until then will come back on their original start-up mode, correct?"