Who's Hungry?

Later that day, Braedey and Valka were standing nearby a large pen that held the Velociraptors. They could hear the snarls and sounds of the raptors inside it.

"Mr and Miss Martin." John walked up with the others next to the two Martins. "As I was saying, we've laid out lunch for you both before you head out into the park. Alejandro, our head chef-" John was interrupted by Braedey.

"What in the world are they doing?" Braedey asked, as he saw a large cow or a bull being lifted into the air by a crane inside of a harness and moving towards the pen.

"Feeding them." John replied as he and the others watched.

"With the cow?" Shaggy asked in bewilderment.

"Alejandro is preparing a delightful meal for us. A Chilean sea bass I believe. Shall we?" Braedey knew John was wanting the gang to move on, but Braedey and Valka didn't listen, and walked up the ramp and onto the viewing deck, the others following behind them.

The gang all stood there watching as the claw was lowered into the pen. There was silence for a few moments, until all the bushes rustled violently and we heard growling, snapping and the cries of the raptors as they feasted on the cow. The sounds echo out of the pen into the air, and Valka was deeply horrified by what she had to witness, and Daphne seemed rather disgusted by this also.

"They should all be destroyed." A voice spoke out a few moments later. The gang looked over, and saw a middle aged man wearing a safari outfit and sporting a British accent.

"Ah, Robert. Robert Muldoon, my game warden from Kenya. Bit of an alarmist, I'm afraid. But he's dealt with the raptors more than anyone." John introduced the gang to the man.

Braedey walked over to him and shook his hand as he introduced himself. "Tell me, what kind of metabolism do they have? What's their growth spurt?" He asked Robert.

"They're lethal at eight months. And I do mean lethal." Robert explained. "I've hunted most things that can hunt you, but the way that these things move-"

"Fast for a biped?" Valka asked.

"Cheetah's speed. Fifty, sixty miles per hour if they ever got out in the open. And they're astonishing jumpers."

"Yes, yes, yes, which is why we take extreme precautions." John said and then turned around to talk to Fred and the girls, along with Dr. Malcolm.

"Zoinks. 50-60mph for an animal like that." Shaggy commented. "Like, that's almost as fast as the Mystery Machine at full speed."

"Ruh-uh." Scooby shook his head. "Rhe van is faster than that."

"Do they show intelligence? With the brain cavity like theirs, we assumed-" Braedey asked about the intelligence of the raptors.

Robert looked over to him. "They show extreme intelligence, even problem solving intelligence. Especially 'The Big One'. We bred eight originally, but when she came in, she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others. That one..." Robert seemed to be lost in thought. "When she looks at you, you can see she's thinking or working things out. She's the reason we have to feed 'em like this. She had them all attacking the fences when the feeders came."

"But, the fences are electrified, right?" Velma asked.

Robert nodded. "That's right. But, they never attack the same place twice. They were testing the fences for weaknesses systematically. They remember..."

All of a sudden, the gang heard the whirring noise of the crane being lifted. They turned around to the pen and saw the crane lifting the straps that was wrapped around the cow, but this time, there was no cow inside it. The blue straps were all covered with blood, and they had been torn to shreds.