How Do They Do It?

Soon, the Jeeps arrived in front of the Visitors Centre. The building was of concrete and steel, looking rather nice and well designed. When the doors opened, the gang couldn't help but gaze in awe. The lobby was very large, and in the middle stood the skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex that is attacking another dinosaur, with a banner behind it saying 'WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH!' stretched from wall to wall.

"The most advanced amusement park in the world, combining all the latest technologies. And I;m not just talking about rides you know. Everybody has rides. No, we've made a living biological attraction, so astonishing, they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet!" John told his honoured guests.

As everyone was walking up the stairs, Valka saw Braedey shaking his head as he's looked around. Daphne also noticed. "What are you thinking, Braedey?" She asked.

Braedey laughed slightly. "I think palaeontologists are out of a job."

"Don't you mean 'extinct'?" Malcolm asked as he walked over to them.

Valka just looked at him, as Daphne and Velma laughed. "That was a lame joke, do you know that?"

He just smiled at Valka as he shrugged. "I try." Then, they all walked on ahead.

~*~*~

A couple of minutes later, the gang and everyone else walked into what looked like a theatre room. Malcolm, Fred, Daphne, Valka, and Velma sat at the front, as Shaggy, Scooby, and Braedey sat behind them, while Gennaro sat behind them.

When everyone looked at the screen, Braedey got confused when the image of John walked up. "Hello." The screen John said as he stopped. "Hello, John."

The real John started fumbling in his pockets for some cards that he pulled out. "Sorry. I've got lines."

"Fine, fine, I guess! But, what am I doing here?" The screen John asked.

After the real John found his place, he answered back to them. "Here, let me show you. First, I'll need a drop of blood, your blood."

The real John then reached over to the screen and pretended to poke a needle into Screen John's finger. "Ouch! John, that hurt!"

"Relax John. It's all part of the miracle of cloning." The real John explained as all of a sudden The John on the screen multiplied to about 3-4 and continued, and they all welcomed each other.

"Cloning from what? Loy extraction has never recreated an intact DNA strand." Velma said as the gang and the Martins huddled together.

"Not without massive sequence gaps." Malcolm pointed out.

"Paleo-DNA? But, from what source?" Valka started to ask.

"But, where do you even get 100 million year old dinosaur blood from?" Braedey finished.

Gennaro then told the gang to shush as a cartoon of a DNA strand then appeared on the screen.

"Oh, Mr. DNA, where did you come from?" Screen John asked.

"From your blood. Just one drop of your blood contains billions of strands of DNA, the building blocks of life!" The DNA explained. "A DNA strand, like me, is a blueprint for building a living thing. And sometimes, animals that went extinct millions of years ago, like dinosaurs, left their blueprints behind for us to find. We just had to know where to look."

Mr. DNA then goes on to say about how mosquitoes would suck some of the blood from the dinosaurs and then get stuck in some sap, which is known as amber.