Chapter Twenty

Rose had spent the whole morning along with the afternoon getting everything set up at Kensington Palace for Harry's party.  She felt bad that she hadn't seen him all day, but she hoped that this would make up for it all in the end.  Harry had done so much for her over the last three years that she wanted to do this for him.  

She was thankful that Kate and the rest of his family along with hers helped her out while Will and Harry's best friends, Tom "Skippy" Inskip, Arthur Landon, Sam Branson, and Thomas van Straubenzee were distracting him.

It had been a while since Harry just had a day with the guys and he was quite excited.  He tried calling his girlfriend again, only to be sent to voice mail again making him sigh.  He knew that he should just try to enjoy being with his friends and brother knowing he won't see them for four months but he was worried about his girlfriend and why she wasn't picking up.

"What's wrong?"  Skippy asked Harry noticing his distress.

"I've been trying to reach my girlfriend and she still won't pick up.  Do you think something happened to her?"  Harry asked panicked.  

"No mate.  I think if something did you would have gotten a phone call by now.  Relax, she's probably giving you time with us guys."  

Skippy knew fully well what Rose was planning and was happy to distract Harry along with his brother and other friends until the party.  He liked Rose and thought she was good for him.  Different.  But a good different.  He hoped that everything would run smoothly today and tonight.  

He knew his friend was getting agitated but he had to wait a couple more hours until it was time for the party.  

...

Rose was running around frantic.  Trying to get last minute decorations up and the drinks.  Her two brothers and her father came over earlier to help her as they were all invited to the party.  To say they were stunned was the understatement of the century but they had to play poker with their facial expressions.  Many times over the past three years, their family had heard stories about what the Royals are really like and what Kensington Palace is like.  

To actually see it in person though?  It was a whole other level of beauty.

Beauty and history.  So much of it.  

Her father and brothers were history majors when they went to college.  Her dad went to West Point but her brothers just went to a regular college and did ROTC there.  

She had put fairy lights winding around the tree trunk and had them anywhere she could outside in the back of Kensington.  She had beer, wine, soda, and water for drinks and had some of Harry's favorite food made.  Some of the decorations were in camouflage like a table cloth, but it never was tacky.  It actually looked classy.  

Rose knew she had limited time left until the party started and the guest of honour was to be here.  She felt her cell phone buzz and reached for it out of her back pocket.  Rose saw that it was a text from Skippy and her eyes widened.  

Were on our way.

They were on their way?  They still had to hide.  Since it was now dark out it was easy to do, she felt it would be nice to have it outside as they brought quite a few chairs out for everyone to sit in.  It was just Harry's close friends, her family, the Middleton's, and Harry's family who were all invited.  She felt as though it would be better that way.  

It wouldn't have been right to invite her friends that had never met Harry.  She would have to do that some other time and have them meet him.  

She turned the music off and they all hid behind tables and behind tree trunks or the double doors.