Chapter Twenty-Nine

Rose's weekend was busy. She hadn't gotten any rest.  She was exhausted as she rested her head against the palm of her hand, about to close her eyes.

"I don't pay you to sleep," Linda Simmons, her boss said.

Just because she knew Rose was dating a Prince, didn't mean she would give her a break.  She didn't want to give her any special treatment.  She hasn't since Rose was nineteen years old and she wasn't going to start now. 

Rose's eyes snapped open.  She tried to concentrate on her job, she really did.  But she was so tired that she could barely pay attention let alone keep her eyes open. 

Her eleven o'clock client had just walked in and she tried putting on a cheerful attitude, not wanting to come across as rude.

"Hi, I'm here for my eleven o'clock meeting with Rose," Leslie greeted her.

"That's me.  It's nice to meet you."  Rose stuck her hand out for her to shake. 

"It's nice to meet you too." 

"Do you have a bridal party that's meeting you here or are you just here by yourself?" 

"I do.  My mum, sister, and two best friends should be coming any minute," Leslie explained.

"Okay.  If you want you can sit over there on those couches until they get here."

"Thank you."

After a few minutes a ding could be heard, signaling that they had new customers.  Rose excused herself to greet them only for them to rush past her and hug Leslie.

Rose went back to the blushing bride and her bridal party to help find the perfect wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses.

...

Harry couldn't tell Rose what he was really doing.  He didn't have any Royal engagements that he had to attend to that weekend.  This was much more important to him. 

This weekend determined his future.

After his plane touched down at the airport, he arrived at the place he wanted. The nerves had been bubbling inside of him.  Knocking on the door that he has come to known so well with shaky hands.

The door opened a few minutes earlier, revealing the blonde woman he has come to know over the years and think of as a mother. 

"Allison," he said with smile.

She gave him a warm smile and welcomed him into her house.  Both Allison and John were surprised to get a phone call that he would be coming to their house without their daughter.  The whole family was actually. 

They wondered if there was more to this visit then he had let on over the phone. 

Once inside, Allison engulfed Harry in a hug.  Over the years, Allison and John had already come to think of him as part of the family. 

Harry had felt bad for lying to Rose.  But he couldn't have her finding out what he was really up to.  He wasn't going to make this a habit of keeping things from her.  This was important to him though.

...

Back in London, Rose and Ava were just getting off work.  They were both exhausted. The day was finally done and all Rose wanted to do was curl up with her boyfriend on her bed.  Unfortunately, he had some Royal engagements that he had to attend.

She would have to settle with going to bed by herself.  Ava had asked Rose to be one of her bridesmaids for her wedding and she accepted.  She was really happy for her best friend and was looking forward to Ava and Oliver's wedding.  

Rose took a shower, brushed her teeth, took of her makeup, and walked to her bedroom pulling the covers up and going to sleep.

...

It was now Monday.  One of the many perks of Rose working all weekend long was that she was able to have a relaxing two days off.  Her boss, Linda Simmons, had just called her and told her she had Monday and Tuesday off.  Because of this she was excited for many reasons.  

She could be there for Ava through her wedding planning and she could finally see her Harry.  

Rose had tried calling him whenever she didn't have any work to do, but he never answered his phone.  Of course, she knew the time differences were different and that he was very busy with his Royal engagements.  She just wanted to hear his voice again.  Rose knew that it had only been a weekend and that they had to be apart for longer than this when they were a secret.  

Ever since they had gone public though, she had gotten use to seeing him everyday.  

Since Rose had the day off she decided to stay in her pajamas, which were a Christmas set from Pink Victoria Secret.  They helped keep her warm during the cold winter months and even when it wasn't cold, she loved to wear them.  She got out of bed and put her light blonde hair in a top knot on the top of her head as well as putting on some fuzzy socks to keep her feet warm.  Walking into her bathroom, she turned on the hot water in the sink letting it run until it became hot and turned the cold on as well splashing her face with it as she applied a cleanser to her face.  Once she was done lathering it in her skin, she washed her face with cold water and patted it dry with a towel.  

As she walked into her kitchen, she turned on the stove and grabbed a pot and put a cup of water in it letting the water boil first.  When it was finished, she grabbed half of a cup of oatmeal and poured it in letting it sit for two minutes.  Getting some brown sugar, milk, and putting a piece of whole wheat toast in the toaster, she also got some peppermint tea ready for her as well.

Having oatmeal for breakfast was her favorite.  It helped keep her full and it felt good on her stomach.  Rose had asked Kate what she had done to lose weight for the wedding and she told her exactly what she ate and this was part of it.  

It wasn't that she was preparing to lose weight for her own wedding, she wasn't even sure if that would happen.  

When she was done eating her breakfast, she washed her dishes and went to her bathroom to brush her teeth.  Walking into her living room, she grabbed her laptop and put it on her lap deciding to do some online shopping.  Rose loved shopping online more than she did going to an actual store.  

...

Rose woke from a knock on her door, which startled her.  She must have fallen asleep without her knowing it.  Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she got up off the couch and opened the door.  

She was shocked to see her boyfriend standing there with her favorite flowers, baby breath and pink roses.  

"These are for you," he tells her as he hands her the flowers.  

"I love them, thank you."

She plants a sweet kiss on his lips and allows him to come into her place.  

_________________

Sorry for the late update!  

I had surgery on Monday and now I'm recovering.  Please be patient with me right now, but I hope you guys enjoyed this update.  I don't know when I will be updating next.