Chapter Five

+-+ Day Three of Preparation +-+

I wake up with what feels like someone is inside my skull and is pounding away at my brain.I have to breathe through my mouth since my nose seems to be blocked. I groan as I sit up and my mouth is very dry. That's when I feel something tighten on my hand.

"Bastien! You're awake!" I hear my sister say, she was holding my hand.

"Water." I manage to croak out and my sister hands me a glass of water. It's gone in seconds and I feel my that my throat isn't so parched from breathing through my mouth for who knows how long.

"What happened?" I ask groggily as I go to rub my face, but the second my hand touches my eye, I wince.

"Jacob kicked you face in man." I hear Asher say. Then the sound of someone hitting him and a whine. "Why'd you do that?"

"For telling him that Jacob kicked his face in." I hear Zoe hiss.

"But it's true." I look at Asher and see that he's pouting at Zoe and I see her sigh and roll her eyes.

"Your nose is broken and you have a black eye." Amelia says.

"Just great." I say, "I'm getting sent to the ground with a freaking broken nose and black eye."

"Speaking of Jacob, I think that he's gonna join the Snake Clan that sniveling bast- OW!" Uriah gets cut off before he can finish because Zoe stomped on his foot.

"Enough about Jacob. Okay?." I hear her growl at Asher and Uriah and they glumly nod their heads. "Boys." I hear her mutter under her breath and it makes me chuckle. That's when I realize that the whole gang is here.

"Wait, what's the time?" I hope that I haven't been passed out for too long.

"It's Wednesday." Uriah states.

"Wait what? It's Wednesday?I haven't missed out on any of the melee weapon training have I?" I cannot miss any training now. At least we don't have any more hand to hand combat training.

"No, it's 7 in the morning, we just got back from breakfast when you woke up. Are you hungry?" Amelia says

"Yeah, a bit." I say relieved that I haven't missed any training, and that's when a doctor walked in.

"Ah. He's awake." He says, "Now Bastien, your nose was broken, I'm sure your friends have told you. It should heal in around two to three weeks. The swelling will go down in around a week and the bruising should disappear in two weeks. So no hand to hand combat if you can manage for around three weeks. Don't want your nose to break again, especially since you're going down to the ground. You are free to go after you have eaten something."

"Yeah. Okay, thanks Doc." I ask him and he nods and walks out of the room.

"You missed out of the rest of the class because he broke your nose, that's not fair on you." Amelia says while looking at my bruise nose.

"I'll be fine. I just need to make sure that I can use the weapons properly. You guys can protect me if we get into a fist fight." I laugh. A nurse walks in with a tray of food and they lay it on a small table to the side of the bed and I give her a smile of thanks as she walks out.

I ate my breakfast as fast as I could without my eye or nose hurting. Once I had finished, we all went to the training room again, but this time, we all met over by the melee weapons. Everyone is talking quietly waiting for Mr. Whittlock to start the lesson. We hear someone clearing their throat loudly and everyone goes quiet.

"Today we will be starting the melee weapon training. As you can see on the wall, we have many different types of melee weapons. For example, we have maces, different kind's of swords and knives, axes, nun-chucks, throwing stars, tridents and spears. We have also added bow and arrow's to the melee section. When you pick what melee weapon you wish to use at the end of the afternoon lesson, you are able to pick as many as you want to be sent down in you crate. But, since there is only a certain amount that can fit into your crate, there are only a certain amount that you can put in there, so if there is something that you wish to swap out for something else, you will have the chance to swap something out, but remember, you will have other stuff in your crates like clothes, food, water and so on, so chose carefully. We will remind you again at the end on tomorrow's afternoon session where you will be able to pick what is in your crate. You may go and have a look at the weapons, there are different sections where you can try out and practice with your weapons. You may go."