Chapter Sixteen

We all woke up the next morning in a glum mood. We all packed our stuff slowly, nobody wanting to be the person to say "Let's go,". But once everyone was done procrastinating...

"Let's go," Jackson says while hoisting his pack onto his shoulders.

I turn to Amelia and give her one last hug and a kiss on the top of her head. "We will come back." I say, both reassuring me and her.

"I know you will." She whispers into my chest.

"We will meet you where you pointed out yesterday. We will set up a camp and wait for as long as we need for you all to come back." Jett says while pulling on his pack and unfolding his map.

The twins Julian and Julius decided that they wanted to go with Jett and Amelia, they didn't feel the need to attack the Snake Clan. I didn't fully trust them, but I believe that Jett and Amelia will be able to protect themselves and each other.

Jackson, Jess, Tyler, Beau, Zoe, Katherine, Patricia and I were the ones going first to the Lion Clan since it was closer, and then to the Wolf Clan, hoping to pick up as many people along the way as we can.

We watched as they walked away, in the opposite direction to us, disappearing into the forest surrounding us. As we turned to walk away, it felt like there was a heavy weight hanging over us. We needed to have a good enough speech to try to convince people to come with us. I wasn't one hundred percent with this idea, but I wasn't just going to let them die on their own. At least I know that Amelia is safe.

I was already getting worried that something bad was going to happen to Amelia and the others. Jess could tell that something was wrong and started to comfort me. Reassuring me that nothing was going to happen to her.

It felt like we had been trudging along for weeks. Once again making our way back towards the deadly Clan war. Towards destruction. In reality, it had only been three days. Three days of constant walking, stopping for food or sleep, then more walking. I couldn't stand it. I needed something interesting to happen, or at least for people to talk to each other!

Nobody talked that much, it was mostly just small conversation. If not that, it was frantic whispering about something. Neither Jess, Tyler or Zoe talked to me that much.

"Okay, we have been walking for three days and nobody has talked. What's up with everyone?" I asked, twigs and leaves crunching under our feet.

"There isn't anything to talk about." Jackson replied.

"What about what you're going to say to the people in the Clans to try to get them to come with us? What are you going to say to the leaders?" I hear him sigh.

"We are going to propose that we attack the Snake Clan earlier than what they might have planned. We will go to the Lions first and then to the Wolves. If the Lions accept the fact that working with the Wolves may be the best option, then it's a bonus for us. If they don't, then we have to hope that some might still want to help, not everyone has to come. We only need enough people to help weaken the Snakes."

"What if they both refuse? What if nobody hates the Snakes enough to actually come with us on a suicide mission? I only came so that I could try to help Jess, Zoe and Tyler survive this. If there is anyway that I can help them get out alive, then I have done my job here."

"Nobody said that you had to come along. We just asked to see if anyone wanted to come and two of you did. You and Jess decided to come to for some unknown reason, but it's not our fault what happens to you guys."

"So does that mean that it's not our fault that two of your members were killed in the panther attack?"

"It was all your fault!" Beau joined.