Chapter Ten

+-+ TRIGGER WARNING +-+

(Someone does commit suicide in this chapter, so please do not read it if you are affected by this kind of stuff. If you do want to keep reading, but not read the part with suicide, then I will put *** before it. It is at the end of the chapter so just skip to the next chapter once it is out.)

We decided to keep on walking towards the area where there are no Clans, we figured that Uriah and Asher would have gone this way, seeing as it was them that thought we should go this way. I was walking in front with Jess, Zoe was behind us and Jett and Amelia were behind Zoe.

"How do you think Zoe is doing?" I ask Jess.

"I don't know, but I know I would be quite bummed if you had stolen stuff and left me in the night." She replies.

"Yeah that is true. How are you doing since we got down? Even though it hasn't quite been a full day yet." 

"I actually feel a lot better than I thought I would. I thought that the second we landed, we would be dragged into the Clan war or some mutant animal attacks us just as we got out of the shuttle or even we all suddenly turned on each other and started an all out brawl." 

"I had similar thoughts too. I'm not sure if I told you that my parents said that neither Amelia or I will survive the two years." 

"Wait they said WHAT?" She said stopping and turning to face me.

"Yeah, well my mum said it, but my dad just said encouraging stuff... I think, I can't really remember that far back." I say and we keep walking.

"Well I guess I am now taking on the duty of making sure you two survive the two years to go back onto the Ark." 

"But what if we don't want to go back onto the Ark?" 

"Then your parents can think you two died."

"But I also want to prove them wrong, that both Amelia and I can survive down here."

"Well, sorry, but I don't know how to help you with that. Maybe you can send someone up with a message?" 

"I wonder what our families and friends are doing? My parents are probably going to work or are working."

"Yeah, my parents are probably doing the same. Possibly still sad that their daughter has been sent to Earth."

There is silence between us. All we can hear is the crunching of twigs and leaves beneath our boots and the hushed talk between Amelia and Jett.

"I wonder what is going to happen to us in the next two years. Will we die, will we survive, will we get caught up in the Clan war."

"Who knows what could happen." 

From that, neither of us bring up something new to talk about. We had been walking for a few hours and I realised how hungry I was. It was already lunch time and we didn't eat breakfast because we were too riled up about Uriah and Asher leaving.

"Let's stop and get something to eat since we basically skipped on breakfast." I suggest.

We all plop our bags down and we get out three can for us five to share. One was corn, the other two were peaches.

"Yum, corn and peaches for breakfast. While everyone on the Ark gets bacon and pancakes and fruit!" Jett mutters and Amelia shushes him.

We all just shovel our share of the food into our mouths and then we all just sit there. Nobody wanting to move. 

"Why did Uriah and Asher leave us?" Zoe whispers.

"No idea, but when we find them, we can do whatever you want." I say with a small smile.