Chapter Six

+-+ Day Four of Preparation +-+

I wake up with my face in my pillow in the dark. I groan as I push myself up with my arms and I shift around so that I am sitting up in my bed. My nose and eye are really sore for sleeping on them. I can not wait for it to heal. I just wish that the process was faster. Stupid Jacob and I'm blaming everyone for having partners and I got stuck with Jacob. I gently rub the sleep out of my eyes, but I wince when I press down too hard. 

I stand up and silently stretch before wandering out of the dorm. I ended up falling asleep with the clothes I had put on when I got out of the shower. I checked my watch to see that it was almost 4 in the morning. Breakfast wont be ready yet, so I wander around the area that the Chosen have to stay while we are prepared for the Sending. I mange to find my way to the training room. May as well do some practice while I have a few hours of spare time, then maybe I can study for a bit too.

Before I make it through the door way, I can already hear someone training and when I do go through the doorway, I see that it's Jacob. Do not want to be around him, seeing as he broke my nose. Just as I turn around, I hear Jacob yell out my name.

"What do you want Jacob?" I say as cold as I possible could which wasn't very cold. I'm not good at being mean.

"I just wanted to say sorry for when I broke your nose. It looks sore." He's looking at my nose, and it's still a dark purple colour with some yellow surrounding it, and around my eye is the same colour. 

"Yeah. Okay." I say sarcastically. I do not believe him at all. He was the one who knocked me out in front of everyone, even when Mr. Whittlock was telling him to stop.

"No, I really am sorry Bastien." 

"Yeah, well I don't believe you. You did break my nose after Mr. Whittlock was telling you to stop."

"Well, I can't explain why I did it. I don't know what came over me, but I just want to say I'm sorry."

"You know, with whatever comes over you, I'm sure you will do well in the Snake Clan." I'm not the best at comebacks, but I don't think that he liked it when I he should be in the Snake Clan. I saw the glare on his face as I turned to walk away from him. I took two steps before I was shoved to the ground. I almost face planted, but I managed to stop myself before I smashed my nose on the ground.

"What the hell!" I say as I roll over. Jacob crouches down next to my head and says in a low voice, even though nobody else is awake.

"You better watch yourself when we are on the ground. Because guess what, I'm coming after you. I do not belong in the Snake Clan, and I will never be in the Snake Clan either. So you better run fast once we land because I will hunt you down until you are dead." And with that, he gets up and walks away to, I'm assuming, the dorms.

Well that was aggressive. I thought to myself. I only said that he belongs in the Snake Clan. Maybe I went a bit far though, not many people like the Snake Clan, yet they get lots of desperate people wanting to become a member.

As I stand up, I quickly check myself to see if it hurts anywhere and it doesn't. I don't feel like training after that little encounter so I decide to go to the library to do a bit of study about Earth. Once I make it to the library, I find a comfortable spot and get my roots and berries booklet that I got and started to read through that. After what felt like forever, I finally finished the book, remember absolutely nothing from it. I check my watch to see how much time I have to waste before I can go and get breakfast. Its only 5:26 AM. Great, I have one hour before breakfast starts. Though I should probably go back to Jett so that he isn't left alone. But what about Uriah and Asher? Nah, they will probably go by themselves like they usually do. It's surprisingly quite with everyone still asleep. It's nice.