Chapter Fourteen

As we all slowly start backing up with our guns pointed at the three deadly panthers infront of us, we all forgot about the group of people we were watching. All of our focus was now on the panthers in front of us. We were all trying not to make any sudden movements or loud noises, but all we could seem to hear was the growling coming from the panthers.

Their four lips curled back showing their sharp teeth was a frightening sight and it wasn't only one of them, there was three and that put all of our lives at a higher risk. They were slowly sneaking forward as we were trying to move back, when we got to the other group, we would be able to see if they could help us. But fate didn't seem to be on our side.

A snap of a twig was all it took to set the panthers off. I instantly brought my gun up as one pounced at me and I pulled the trigger. The bullet only wounded it, but it brought us some time to run to get some help.

I knew that the gunshot would have attracted the attention of the small Clan close to us, but it didn't matter that we were hiding from them anymore. We needed their help to kill these Panthers. Before they killed us.

Our feet were pounding on the ground as we all ran in the direction of the Clan, we couldn't hear the panthers behind us and nobody was brave enough to look back. Even though the distance was short, it seemed like it took forever for us to reach them.

We burst into the small clearing that they were in and was met with a group of eight people standing with their guns aimed at us.

"Panthers." was all that I had to say for them to gesture to us to move next to them to help fight.

Just as we took place in the group, the three panthers emerged out of the bushes, slightly surprised that there were more humans for them to eat. The three growled as they got into position to pounce at us. There were multiple cocks of guns as everyone got ready for a fight.

They all pounced at the same time, the first going towards the left of the group, the second towards the middle and the third towards the right. There was multiple gunshots before everyone started to move out of their way.

Since I was to the right of the group, I rolled further to the right, instantly coming back up on one knee aiming my pistol at the panther and started to shoot. After three shots, I heard clicking coming from my gun.

"Shoot." I whisper and I run and hide behind a tree and try to find spare ammuntion, but that's when I realise that I left them in my pack.

My pack isn't on my back. It must have fallen off while we were being chased by the panthers. I put the pistol back into it's holster and take out my second one, checking how much is left. There is a reasonable amount. Once this runs out, I'm gonna have to use my knives.

I step back out behind the tree and see that there are two bodies on the ground in a bloody mess. One has deep claw marks across his neck and down his torso. The other's face has been mauled, a gorey mess and I gag at the sight.

There are three groups, each battling one panther. Amelia, Jett and three of the other group were battling one. Jess, Zoe and four of the other group were battling another. Tyler and three others were battling the last one.

I want to head over to where Amelia and Jett are, but I'm not sure if Tyler and the other three would be able to hold it off, so I run over to them. As I'm walking over, I aim my gun at the panther and start shooting. That was probably a mistake because now it's attention has been turned on me.

As it slowly starts prowling towards me, I start shooting at it again. The bullets must not be getting deep enough to kill it for some reason. When it pounces, I jump and roll out of the way, sliding one of my longer knives out and putting the gun back in it's holster.