Chapter 3 - The Jackass

As I took in the god that was walking towards me, I was almost speechless at his looks. So dark and mysterious, eyes that captivated and a smile to die for. He almost looked to old to be in school, almost as if he was in college, not high school. It wasn't until I realized he was standing in my way, that we were both at a halt.

"Can I help you?" I asked politely, well as politely as I get. As good looking as he is, he might be a jock. Mind you he sure wasn't dressed like one. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt, black tight pants, dark brown boots and a leather jacket. So dark and bad - I like it.

A small grin appeared on that lovely face of his. "That was quite the show you put on just then" he spoke with amusement. So deep and sexy, it sent my body into goosebumps.

"Well I do aim to please" I explained dramatically, flicking some hair over my shoulder and touching my hand on my heart, earning a laugh from him and Harry.

Bad boy gave me a smirk. "The names Trey, Trey Lockwood. And you are?"

Giving him a not in a chance look, he seemed defeated but still remained smug. "Well Mr Lockwood, I'm afraid that's for me to know and you to find out" I said. Giving him a wink, I grabbed Harry's arm and carried on walking down the hall. I could hear Trey stifle a laugh from behind and that made me smile in triumph. 

I love to keep people on their toes.

"So Harry, where we heading?" I asked. I really was clueless as to where we were going, I am awful with directions; I couldn't even read a map. I had sensed that Harry still had some doubt about me. His stuttering had improved, yet his presence was still tense. He had no need to worry for his safety, I actually liked him

Coming to a complete stop yet again, I turned to face him and could see the sudden worry in his face. "You know, you don't have to be scared of me. I like you, you seem to be the only decent person in this place."

"I could tell you a lot of people that wouldn't think that" he mumbled to himself, diverting to his gaze to the ground.

I took a good look at him and could see the hurt in his eyes. "Well if anybody has a problem with you, tell me. I'll beat their fricking ass." Smiling, it seemed to lighten his mood and make him also smile, which he should do more often.

"Thanks. It's nice for somebody not to judge me on my grades for once."

Grabbing his arm in reassurance, I gave him a wink. "There's no worries with that one. I don't judge unless your a typical looking jock or typical looking stuck up bitch". He just laughed and motioned me down the hall.

On the way to my English class, we talked quite a bit and he really opened up. I learned that he was actually in the same year as me and he always got mistaken for being younger as he had one of those baby faces.

He told me that he unfortunately lost his mother at the age of 8 and now he does a lot of traveling with his dad which sounded pretty cool. His been to a ton of places that I've lived at, it strange that we've never seen each other before.

He was such a cool guy, why he had no friends I will never really understand. That's another thing I learnt, he hasn't had any friends since 8th grade. He was new to the school all of six months ago, like me and because of his appearance, shyness and intelligence nobody cared to get to know him. The populars just labeled him as a geek and the geeks saw him as a threat because of his intelligence. It's sad.

He filled me in on some of the gossip that goes on throughout the school, he also warned me about Trey and a couple other boys. Apparently his little gang had this reputation of competing to sleep with every new girl.