Chapter 28 - First Date

*Slightly inappropriate if you are sensitive to that stuff. But come on, did you really think Harmony and Trey would ever have a 'normal' date*

(Thank you for 3,000!) This is a huge deal for me and I think If I was to ever reached 10,000 read, I'd start having heart palpation, also sorry for the late update... again.

Anyway... Enjoy :)

-----

Ignoring the rapid beating of my heart as I slowly approach Trey, I couldn't help but laugh at his nerves. Dare I say, it was... cute.

Mark it on your calenders folks, I Harmony Johnson called a guy cute.

Weaving through the carefully placed tables and chairs, I finally made it to my destination. Trey.

He hadn't noticed me to begin with, but a prompt 'cough' seemed to gain his attention. He was shocked to clearly see me, It was evident by his face. What did he expect? Me not to turn up. Like I would give him the satisfaction of constantly reminding me that I bailed.

"You gonna be a gent and pull my chair out" I teased. I liked this Trey, he was vulnerable which meant he was easier to wind up, just like a toy.

Obliging to my request, Trey pulled out my chair with a slight shaking of the hands, smirk in attempts to hide his nerves. "Gee, what a gentlemen you are" I sarcastically remarked as I sat down.

Joining me at the table, he let out his own sarcastic remark. "Har har. You are hilarious Harmony."

I let out a smile, I was such a hypocrite. I was probably as nervous as him. I had never done the whole date thing growing up. Boys seemed to avoid me like the plague knowing I was part of a gang. Those brave enough ended up with bruised or broken limbs. What can I say, they pissed me off.

Trey, Trey was different. He was in a world that I happened to know all to well. You don't trust or get attached easily because the world that surrounded us always put those we cared about most in danger. To begin with it sucks but you soon learn to get over it.

Take Mads and Aiden for instance. The things they have been through is enough to put people off relationships for life. Those who didn't understand our world would always run a mile or think it was all made up.

Personal, I would do a runner. Who wants to be with somebody knowing your going to constantly be under the threat of gangs with large guns and a tally of people they have killed.

No thank you.

"Harmony!" Trey nudged. Shaking out of my daze, I realized he had asked me a question. "Yeah?"

Letting out a slight chuckle, he repeated. "Do want to order now or later?"

As if on cue, my belly growled with hunger. The poor thing hadn't been able to eat much, I was abusing my responsibility as the controller of this body because I was just to busy.

Honest, it wasn't due to being nervous or anything.

Ok, I was extremely nervous and I didn't understand what was happening so there was no way I was going to eat and throw up. Yeah, that's how nervous I was.

"Im taking that as now" he chuckled again before returning the menu. It was like I had lost all ability to speak, I had suddenly turned into a very love struck teenager with her crush... it was weird. Don't get thinking I'm going to marry him or anything, it's just a date and nothing else.

Let's face it, nothing could ever happen between me and Trey besides this date. As much as I like him, which I will now hold my hands up and admit too, I don't want him to get hurt. I care and that's almost as powerful as dare I say love.