Chapter 23 - Happy Valentines

Well I've made it into my dress. It was hard, but I did it. I'm doing it for Jessie, because although it's hard, he would do the same for me and plus, It's the least I can do for him.

Taking one last look in the mirror, I made sure my hair that was scraped back into a tight bun, was secure. That my eyes didn't look to puffy before I went and faced everybody. My dress looked okay. I was ready although I could help but have a bad feeling about today.

Who knows.

Taking slow stride out my room and down the stairs, the smell of warm cookies hit my senses and it automatically reminded me of Jessie. It brought a small smile to my face when I saw all the guys trying to make the same cookies that Jessie once made in this exact kitchen.

They looked like children making cookies not men. Aiden was taking this way to seriously, looking at it almost as if he was disabling a bomb. Tristan was too busy eating the chocolate chip cookies out the bag  where as Charlie was just busy eating the cookie mix. Ryan was looking at the introduction like it was in a different language and don't even get me started with JJ, connor , Trey and Seth. It appears they preferred to throw the mixture rather than make enough to cook.

Maddy was at the side lines scolding them when they did something wrong, slapping them upside the head. It was a sight Jessie would be proud of. Man she looked mad.

Sighing in content, I knew it was time to step in. "You all suck at cooking." Everybody whipped their hands around and smiled. Well, except for Charlie who came running over, picking me up and spinning me around multiple times.

 "I was beginning to think you weren't coming" Aiden called from over Charlie's shoulder once he set me down. His such a goof ball.

I shook my head. "I would never miss this. You guys are the only family that I have and were family till the end. No matter what" I spoke truthfully.

I couldn't help but take notice of everyone of them and hate how I even thought for a second about leaving. Each and everyone of them have been there for me in all different ways and are all special to me in their own way.

"Group hug" Charlie and Tristan hollered, making me burst into laughter when everybody crushed into one big hug.

I loved these guys.

**

I was surprised at how many people were here. I didn't even realized that there'd be more than us attending his funeral. Explains where there was so many cookies about. Maddy really did think of everything.

She laid tray's and tray's of cookies around the living room and kitchen, tea was served as it was Jessie's favorite and Usher was played low in the background. All of Jessie's favorites. It always made me laugh that he loved Usher, he just didn't seem the type to enjoy that kind of music. Oh and his dance moves to the songs were just dreadful.

There looked to be atleast 20 people here not including the gang of course. Some were old, some were adult and then there was even some teenagers that looked younger than me here. Who were these people.

I must have looked confused because soon after I felt somebody nudging me out of my daydream. Looking up I noticed it was Trist. "Hey" I manage with a smile.

Wrapping his arm my shoulder, I happily lent into his side way hug. "Who are all these people?"

"Jessie had helped a whole load of people in the space of 6 or so months." That explained why there was tons of people here of all ages.

 "That group over there" he said pointing over a young group of teenagers, all huddled together, looking lost. "Jessie tutored them once every week at the local school to help them with their learning difficulties." That explained alot. Jessie and the guys would always help me with my work when I struggled, which was 90% of the time.