Chapter 27 - Our Girl

NOTICE! I've changed the ending of the last chapter because I felt it just wasn't detailed enough. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Mel xo

----

Sweeping the last of what was left in my section, I let out a sigh of frustration.  “What’s up firecracker?” Jay’s voice called from behind. Turning around I couldn’t help the guilty that rushed through me.

These passed two days have been tiring; it hasn’t been much of a holiday at all. We’ve been trying to clean up Jay’s club and I just haven’t had it in me to speak to anyone, especially Jay, I felt awful.

He looked tired and worn out. His striking features that was always happy and no long. His hair that he prided himself in was flat, lifeless. His whole body language just screamed exhausted. It didn’t take a genius to realize he was broken and it was all my fault.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” I inquired.

He chuckled. “Har, knowing your okay is all that matters. I know you blaming yourself for this and I really wish you wouldn’t.”

Joining him on the small stalls that we managed to salvage, I let out another sigh. “It is though Jay, it was obviously my dad. His hurt those around me before and by the looks of it, he has no plans of stopping. Maybe I should just hand myself in.”

Without warning, Jay shot up and turned to look me in the eyes. “Don’t talk like that! Do you not understand what it would do to the gang if you were to be killed?” he questioned, trying to keep his voice calm. He always did have a short temper.

Crossing my arms, I was not going to let him make me believe that letting my dad and The Kings continue to hurt those around me was any better. “So what Jay, I just let him continue?”

“If it comes to it, yes. We can find a way to stop him Harmony.”

“You don’t understand Jay!” I cried, shooting up from the stall like Jay had done previously. “I can’t take this anymore! What or who is next? His sick and his twisted, he has no remorse to anything, don’t you get that. He had my half brother become friends with me, somebody who I began to trust. His got my so called cousin, keeping tabs on me everywhere I went. His had his men come and trash the gang house just like his done to your club. He killed my mom as a warning. Jay, his the reason we all lost Jessie.”

By the end, soft tears had begun to emerge. It felt good to let all of my worries out to somebody I knew I could trust. They were beginning to eat at me every day.

Opening his arms, I wasted no time in accepting his gesture. Engulfed in his embrace, I felt a small portion of my worries slip away.

"It's going to be okay Har, I promise."

I could only hope that he was right.

*

"Harmony May Johnson, I am ordering you this instant to open the door and stop being a bore!" an annoyingly family voice called out behind my hotel door. He just doesn't give up.

Ever since that night his been trying to get me talking to him day and night, his even sat there sometimes, just telling me about everything.

"Go away!" I wasn't in mood for human company, especially his.

Laughing, I could only imagine him rolling his eyes also. "Now now feisty one, we have reservations."

Reservations for what? If he thinks for a second that I'm going anywhere with him he can think again. "Just give up already" I sighed.