"I'm feeling good singing to my jam."

CHAPTER 12
"I'M FEELING GOOD SINGING TO MY JAM."

*Dylan *

I walked out of the cafeteria and make my way outside the school. I walk along the sidewalk until I reach the school garden. I don't think many people know it's here. There's golden brown leafs that litter the small garden. I sit right on the edge of it and move the leafs out the way.

What am I doing? I can't believe I just accepted that date. For all I know it could be another dare. I sigh as I lean my head on the grass and place my hands behind my head. I look up at the sky and see the fluffy white clouds. Hey, that one looks like a turtle. I smile to myself watching the cloud move across the sky gracefully.

I hear the bell ring from the inside of the school. I get off the ground and wipe off any dirt from my clothes. As I walk back to the school I'm still thinking, what am I doing?

•••••

"Welcome to my house!" I sing from my truck window. My windows are fully down and my radio is on full volume as I sing. I keep singing until the road gets pretty bumpy. What the heck? I pull over and step to the side of my car to see the problem. "You've got to be kidding me!" I yell at no one in particular as I sit on the curb were my truck is.

How did this happen? One moment I'm feeling good singing to my jam and then I'm sitting on the curb with a flat tire.

I stand back up and look at the damage done. I take a close look at the front right tire, the one that got flat. I see a nail lodged into it. I kick the tire in frustration. What am I going to do? I put my hand in my back pockets feeling for my phone. Crap! I killed the battery playing flapy bird during History. The one day I decied to waste my battery life I had to pick this one. It's not my fault the teacher fell asleep.

I sit back on the curb and see what street I'm on. I look at the green sighn and see Neo Drive. Really? Really. I walk back into my truck and take the keys out of the agnition and my phone from the backseat and start walking down the street. What was her address again. 173? No I think it was 175. Yes, it was 175. Okay let's  start waking.

I've walked past at least thirty houses and it's been about twenty minutes  before I've saw Sylvia's house. I walk up into her porch and look at her driveway. The only car I see is her convertible I see no other car. Hopefully her dad isn't home. I knock on the door and hear rustling. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. To late now.

Sylvia opens the door with a huge brown stain on her shirt and blotchy red eyes. She gasps as she sees who it is. "Hi." I wave to her. "What do you want?" She asks me her voice horse from crying. "Um. Well I got a flat tire at the top of your street and my phone is dead from playing flappy bird in history." I explain to her scratching the back of my neck. She opens the door ushering me in.

I walk in slowly as she closes the door.  She takes the remote and pauses the movie she's watching. "Really? The Fault in Our Stars is the movie you're crying over?" I ask her lifting my left eyebrow. "What's so wrong with it?" She asks crossing her hands across her chest. "Oh nothing." I say sarcastically as I see the brown stain on her shirt. "What's that from?" I point to her shirt. "You scared me while I was eating my ice-cream." She answeres as she inspects the stain on her shirt.

I hear tapping on the window and look over to see it raining pretty hard. Can this day get any better? "If you want you can sleep in the guest room and call a tow trick tommorow. I would take you home but I'm grounded from my car." She sits on the black couch. I take out my keys and press the button that rolls up the windows. I'm not too sure I rolled them back up.

I advert my attention back to her question. "What about your dad?" She looks at me and rubs her eyes. "He's out on a business trip for a week." I look at her once again. What else am I going to do? "Sure thanks." She nods in responce and gestures me to follow her upstairs. She walks to a plain white door. "Here's the guest room. I'll go see if I have anything that will fit you."

I walk into the room and see a large king size bed, a bookshelf, a TV, and a large dresser. Wow, this is nice. Sylvia walks into the room with clothes in her hands. She places them at the end of the bed. "Here. You can come downstairs after your done and there are extra chargers in the first draw on the right." She walks out the room and shuts the door behind her. I look at the clothes she gave me. Sweatpants and a large gray t-shirt.

I walk downstairs about fifteen menutes later I changed into the clothing and plugged my phone in. Oh and made a quick call to my mom telling her were I am. She was going to pick me up but she was over at my aunt's house and I didn't want to desturb.

I reached the living room and smelled popcorn. I walked to were the smell was coming from and I got the kitchen. Sylvia turns around and looked at me. She changed her shirt to a plain black one. "I made popcorn. I wanted to watch a movie." She tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "That sounds cool." I pick up the two popcorn bowels and carry them to the kitchen as Sylvia brings a bottle of coke and two cups out. She places them on the table. "Today's movie night. Every Monday I watch all generes of movies. I watched all of them except." She holds up a movie case. "Horror. Is that okay?." I nod and she put the movie into the DVD player and hops on the couch she hands me a bowel of popcorn and a blue blanket and I sit in the recliner and pour myself a cup of coke. She settles herself in the middle of the couch cuddled up in a purple and pink blanket with her popcorn on her left and her drink on the coffee table in front of her.

I wonder why shes acting all nice. The menu pops up on the flat screen TV and before she presses play she says "We have no school tomorrow and the day after due to teacher meetings." I look at her strangely. I didn't know that but I still nod in responce. She turns to look at me again. "You ready?" She asks me. "Yep." She claps her hands and lights go out and the movie starts.

A/N
I think this is the longest chapter I wrote. Thank you for almost 2k. And if you like it click the little star below.