"Now I know why my mom doesn't want me near the stove."

CHAPTER 20
'NOW I KNOW WHY MY MOM DOESN'T WANT ME NEAR THE STOVE."

*Dylan*

Sarah's upstairs playing, the food is in the oven.
I think I got everything done. I told Sylvia were I live and what time to be here through a text. She she be here in about ten minutes, well that's what my stoves clock is saying. I should probably go check on Sarah before she gets her. I make my way up the steps and walk into Sarah's room. Sarah's room reminds me of Sylvia's room, all pink and stuff. Mine and Sarah's deal was to not come downstairs at all and after Sylvia left I would tuck her in. Not that's hard, to get her to agree I did have to bribe her with some cookies. I hear the sound of a car pulling into the driveway and immediately loom at Sarah. "Do you remember our deal sarah?" She looks up at, a barbie halfway out of her hand. "Yes Dyl I remember." I nod at her and bend down quickly to give her a quick kiss on the forehead then running down the stairs. It wasn't my best idea because before I know it I'm falling down them. I land right in front of the door, my legs spread apart while my face is pressed against the floor. Sylvia finally gets tired of knocking and lets herself in, oh I'm screwed. She takes one look at me faced down on the floor then bursts out laughing. Oh god I'm never gonna live this down. She continue to laugh when I hear small footsteps padding down the stairs.

"Dyl did you fall down the stairs again?"

That just make Sylvia laugh harder, the laugh that has her clutching her stomach.

Sarah peers down at me lifts her small hand towards me, I gently grab onto it and stand up. I look back down at Sarah, "Did you forget the deal?" She looks up at me and shakes her head. "I didn't forget Dyl, I had to to make sure you were okay. Remember the last time you fell down the stairs?" Oh yes I remember, how could I forget when I broke my arm in three different places.

Sylvia finally calms down her laugh attack if that's what you wanna call it and finally looks at me. "You okay there?" I nod my head and feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. Not again. "Yep, I'm good."

"Sarah wanna go back up stairs?" I ask Sarah and she nods her head her pigtails bouncing. "Yeah Dyl, nice seeing you Sylvia." She waves to Sylvia before letting go of my hand and walking back up the stairs. "So this isn't your first time falling down the stairs." She mocks me as she walks into the living room. "Shut up." She sits on one of the couches and slips off her shoes which are a pair of vans. She looks a lot different then she dresses at school. She's in a pair of skinny jeans and a simple t-shirt with her hair held back in a ponytail.

"So what are we doing?" She looks at me, her blue eyes boring into mine.
"Uh... I made food and then we are gonna watch some movies." I say to her.
"Okay so whatcha cooking?" She stands and makes her way to the kitchen. She seems comfortable. I'm about to answer her question before she cuts me off.
"Sorry to break it to ya Dylan but... the food you made, we can't eat." What! I quickly go into the kitchen to see what she's talking about and now I know. The kitchen is filled with smoke and the chicken I was trying to make is now pure black. Now I know why mom doesn't want me near the stove. I look up at Sylvia and she has a pair of oven mitts on with a smile. "You know what how about we just have some Ramen noodles?" She lifts her brows in questioning. "I couldn't agree more." I nod at her and make my way towards the cabinets. I pull out some chicken flavor Ramen noodles and a pot. Sylvia take she pot from me and fills it up with water then places it on the stove while I open some of the windows. "Now that's better."

A half an hour later we're on the couch, a popcorn bowl separating us while Grownups is playing. We ate about twenty minutes ago and it wasn't awkward. She made jokes about the whole kitchen ordeal and it was nice. After that we picked out a movie, made popcorn, and made ourself a comfortable on the couch. We're about an hour and a half  into the movie and she's seems to be enjoying it so far with her constant laughter. She seems different around me, like not herself. I always thought of Sylvia as a bad person which she really isn't. Hopefully she doesn't make me regret me seeing her that way. As my head is still facing her she speaks up.

"Hey um... the movies over." She pokes my arm and I look ahead to to the credits rolling through. How long was I dozing off for? She stands up and and slides back on her shoes. I stand up along with her and we make our way to the door.

"This was nice." She looks up at me, "Yeah let's do it again sometime." She nods at me as we maintain eye contact, I start to lean in and so does she. Then we kiss it's slow and it's warm. Honestly I don't know how to describe it's just so damn nice. When we finally break it off she's gone. She left right after it, no word exchanged between us.

I start to back away when I bump into a lamp. I grip onto it before it goes crashing to the ground. My mom would kill me. I finally make my way up to Sarah's room still... I don't know. It's eight o'clock now. Holy mother.. how long was I dozing for? Sylvia got here around six. Whatever. I go into to Sarah's room to sleeping on the floor, her head is  resting on her dollhouse. I have no idea how she fell asleep sitting up though. I gently pick her up and place her in her bed, I tuck her in then give her a kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight Sare."

I make my way to my room and quickly change into sweatpants and a t-shirt then plop down on my bed. Thinking and soon later dreaming of her.

A/N
I hope you guys liked that chapter.
They finally kissed!!!!!
Please leave your comments down in the comment section along with your thoughts and reactions.