"Oops! Wrong move"

CHAPTER 18
"OOPS! WRONG MOVE."

*Dylan*

I think that the paintball arena would be a great idea for our date. It would be an opportunity for Sylvia to get out of her comfort zone. She said that she was fine with it in class on Monday but I feel like her feelings about it have changed. It's Wednesday, three days after I asked her about it. Everytime she looks at me or I try to talk to her or text her, her response is always the same. She is busy. I get that she's a girl and that their busy and adding on she's popular but I feel like she doest even like me the way I like her. It's like she's pitying me for being the low life nerd or geek as everyone says! I push over the books on my desk in my room. This is too much to think about right now. I should have never asked her on that second date. It's so stupid. Why must I like her? She's the one who ruined me in the first place and I-I-I can't help but look over that and see her with no flaws. She's just like Casey. I just have I keep thinking that and she will leave my mind. Hopefully.

I bend down to pick up the books I pushed, collecting the papers that went down with them. "Dyl I heard a bang. Are you okay?" Sarah comes into my room her little hand resting on the doorknob but barely touching it. "I'm fine Sarah. I just dropped a couple of books." I place the last of the books back on my desk. I go over to Sarah and lean down. Her blonde hair tied into a bun on the back of her head. I just look at her. She's so young and has her whole life ahead of her. I wish I could go back in time and just be young again.

She steps forward toward me just a little bit and wraps her arms around my neck in a hug. I do the same and wrap my arms around her tiny waist. "I love you Dyl," she says to me. "I love you too Sare," I respond back.

◼◼◼◼◼

"Sylvia hey wait up!" I yell through the hallway as I see her shut her locker. She looks back at me and scurries off. I run after her dodging people through the way. Maybe I over exaggerated a bit. I'm speed walking and there are only a few people in this hallway. I get close enough and grasp her forearm. "Can we talk?" I question her as I tap my foot. "Um. You know I'm a bit busy right now how about tomorrow?" Her eyes are wide in fear. "What's wrong with you? Everytime I approach you-you run off. Did I do anything?" I look at her and all I see in her eyes is guiltiness, but from what. She gently prys my hand from her forearm. She takes my hand in her's and looks up at me. "You didn't do anything and I didn't mean to be rude to you. It's just... I'm scared about the date!" She blurts out, quickly taking her hand out of mine to cover her mouth. So this is what all the ignoring is about. She's just scared.

I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. She takes her hand off her mouth and her mouth drops. Oops! Wrong move. My laughter soon dies down and her mouth finally closes but soon opens back up. "Why are you laughing? She crosses her arms across her chest. A smile takes its place on my lips and I respond back. "It's just funny to me because I knew that it would be your first time going to a paintball arena and I knew you would be a little nervous. You didn't have to be all afraid of what I would think." Her cheeks turn a dark shade of pink. Like a really really dark shade. She must of felt the heat rushing to her cheeks because she covered her cheeks with her hands. I give her another smile but this time showing her my teeth. Having braces all throughout middle school sure payed off. "You know what I'm going to change the date. This Friday you will come over my house and the rest is a secret. All you need to know is that it's not the paintball arena it's just my house." She looks at me her lips curling up into a smile. "Sounds good. Thanks Dylan." She leans up s bit and kisses my cheek then walks away from me. I can feel the heat on my own face. What are you doing man only girls blush. I walk quickly to my third period not before I stand in the boys bathroom for ten minutes waiting for the redness to disappear from my face.

"Mom!" My mom came out the kitchen to come greet me at the door with a rubber spatula in her hand. "Yes hon." I scratched the back of my neck. Well this is going to be awkward. "Okay so mom I have asked a girl on a date" her eyes lot up in excitement. "and I told her the date will be here." Her smile dropped. "This Friday." A smile came back onto her lips, a devilish smile. She waves the spatula back and forth slowly. "I will agree to this date because I won't be here but to make sure there is no funny business you will have your sister with you." What! "Mom there will be no 'Funny Business'. She's been here before. Her eyes opened and so did her mouth. "Dylan James Beet! When did this girl come to my house without my permission to have her over." I totally forgot she was out that day. Then I feel a cold, gewy liquid land on my face. Cake mix. "You can let your date be here but I will not be here Friday because I have to go visit your dad. So you can watch your sister while on your date or have not date at all. Okay?" I nod my head. "Okay" she walks back into the kitchen then turns around, "and cake will be done in a half hour." I take my thumb and wipe the... vanilla cake mix off my face. Gross!

I guess it's time to text Sylvia about it. I take my phone out of my pocket. Or maybe not. I slide it back in.

A/N
I'm sorry you guys. I haven't updated in forever and I feel so bad
I didn't update for two reasons, I was going through writers block and that sucked also I wasn't connected to wifi. I am terribly sorry. Also I just want to thank you guys so much for all the reads and votes I'm getting. I went on wattpad and I had over 99+ notifications. Most of them were votes on WTEM. I love you guys so much. If you have any questions or anything you want to ask me don't be afraid to comment or pm me. Don't be a silent reader.

All the love
M