Chapter 13

one week later~

As the battle with the Volturi grew closer Jasper spent more and more time away from me to be with his family. It did anger me a bit to have my fiancé gone for most of the days, but I knew deep down that he'd be back to spend some time with me.
And that meant that we would have to tell Charlie about us being engaged. Though almost six months had passed since Bella's wedding I knew that Charlie would have a hard time with finding out that another one of his daughters was engaged. And to a Cullen of all people.
I knew how he felt about them, but there was nothing to worry about. Edward loved Bella as much as Jasper loved me. And he wanted his daughters to be happy so there was really no reason to be upset. Right?...
Charlie stepped into the house and hung up his coat and gun as I looked over my shoulder at him. "Hey Avs good to-" he stopped as he noticed Jasper sitting down beside me. He walked over to us and sat down in his favorite chair.
"Dad, me and Jasper have something to ask you. Jasper". I nudged him. He glanced at me then at my dad.
"Sir I am in love with your daughter and I would do anything to protect her from any danger. That is why I have asked her to marry me". Jasper explained. Charlie's eyes widened at that last part and he just stared at us. Oh dear, I thought glancing over at him.
"Dad say something please". I begged him. He just shook his head. "You want to get married Avery? And so soon?" He stated. I nodded my head slowly. "Well I don't know what to say".
"Dad I know it's soon, but I really love Jasper. He makes me so happy and the pain I felt from high school has been going away". Charlie just shook his head. "May we please have your blessing dad?" I begged him as I reached over to hug him. He hugged me back and sighed.
"Well I guess if your happy then". He then stared up at Jasper. "But I'll be keeping an eye on you". I grinned and kissed Charlie in his cheek. "It will! Thank you dad". Jasper smiled at Charlie as he went up the stairs.
"I knew he would say yes!" I jumped into the air. Jasper smiled as he twirled me. "You've been practicing ma'lady". Jasper said as he dipped me backwards.
"I wanted to do it for you". I answered. Pulling me up from the dip he smirked.
"Aren't you something else Ma'am". I blushed at his comment and pulled away. "You should go before Charlie comes back down and sees us". Jasper nodded in agreement.
"I'll pick you up later tonight ma'lady". Jasper said to me as he kissed my forehead. As he began to walk out to his door I reached for his hand and pulled him back. "Jasper wait". I stated.
"I think I should go see Jacob tonight". I blurted out. I could feel him tense up at the mention of Jacobs name. He turned around to look at me and bared his teeth. "Why?" He growled. I sighed. "Because I left things in a really ugly place with him and I want to make it right". I answered him. Jasper sighed and shook his head.
"I don't think that's a good idea. You know how I feel about him!" Jasper demanded. I brought my face to his and sighed.
"As much as he pisses me off he's my friend and I have to set things right with him". I reminded him. Jasper sighed and kissed my cheek. "If he try's anything I swear-"
"Edward can hear my thoughts. He'll let you know if anything is wrong okay?" Jasper nodded and brought me into his car.

Yeah I know that there's not much action, but I wanted to focus more on Avery and Jaspers relationship instead of what was happening around them. I can promise you that book 2 will have a bit more action. I just need to get better at writing action scenes cause I suck at it. Lol anyway if you liked it then please add this story to your reading list and don't forget to vote for it! Thank you.