Chapter 14

Driving up to Jacobs house I could see that Jasper was still tense and angry. I put my hand on his and smiled. He tired to smile back. As I opened the car door walking up to me was Jacob. As usually he was shirtless and smiled as he neared the car. He growled at Jasper and then pulled me into a hug.
   "I've missed you". Jacob smiled. I smiled back. "Yeah...me too". I mumbled.
   "I'll be back Avery". Jasper replied getting back into car and speeding away. Jacob rolled his eyes and guided me into the back yard.
  "What pissed him off?" Jacob questioned. "Jacob you really have to ask that? After what happened?" I stated.
   "Sorry". He laughed. I sighed.
  "So what do you want to do today?" He smiled as he took my hand. "I have some dirt bikes we could work on together". He added. Before I could I could utter a word he pulled me into his garage and we began working.
   I didn't really know much about motorcycles or dirt bikes, but I was a pretty fast learner when it came to it. And Jacob was a pretty good teacher so that helped. After the last bolt went in Jacob sat up and handed me a water bottle. I took a sip of it then stood up as well.
   "Id have to say Avery your a lot better at this then Bella was". He said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "I guess she never really got our Dads mechanical skills". I replied. He smiled.
   "I guess not. Hey you want to stay for dinner? Sue is making chicken and I know that she would love it if you could join us". He asked me. I looked down at my ring and sighed.
  "I can't Jacob". I replied. He growled and went over to the bike that we had just finished working in and kicked it into the wall. I turned away from him and grabbed my bag.
  "It's because of him isn't it?" He demanded. I nodded my head. "Yes".
   "How could you chose him over me?!" He shouted. I stepped back. "He's not even alive! He's a monster Avery".
   "Jacob please I-" I stopped as I noticed his gaze moved to the ring on my finger. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his face.
    "What is this?" He growled. I tired to pull my hand from his grasp, but he didn't let me go. "Please tell you didn't!" I finally pulled away from him and put my arms around me.
   "Jake". He put his hands on his head and walked out of the garage. I pulled my bag over me and rushed out after him. I didn't want it to end this way. I didn't want to him to just storm off without me explaining everything. I couldn't leave him like that. It wasn't fair to him or me. I finally caught up with him when I rested my hand on his arm.
   "Hey don't walk away from me Jacob!" I shouted at his back. He didn't turn to face me. "Why shouldn't I?" He growled.
   "Because your my friend and friends don't do this". He rolled his eyes and me and just laughed.
   "So we're friends now?"
   "Jacob we've always been friends and my feelings for Jasper shouldn't change that!" I told him. He grabbed my arms. "He's not good for you Avery".
I pulled my body away from. "And you are?" I snapped at him.
    "Yes". He stated. "You've known me way longer then him and I'm human". I sighed and pulled my hair in front of me. "Jacob". I shrugged. "It has nothing to do with if he's human or not. I love him".
    "Your just lying to yourself. He's going to hurt you in the end and your going to regret it". He explained. I just shook my head at him.
    "Jacob-"
  "How can you even stand to marry that monster". Jacob bared his teeth at me.
   "He's not a monster!" I shouted back. "And you know what I was wrong. I thought I could come here and have you understand that I picked him. But I was so wrong. It was always him Jacob". I shouted. Reaching in for my phone I texted Jasper then started to walk back to the house. As I turned I felt Jacob grab my arm.
   "You can't leave!" He ordered me. "I won't let you!" I ripped my arm from him. "Don't touch me!". I growled back as I continued towards the house. Jacob grabbed onto my arm again and pushed me up against the wall. The he brought his lips to mine and wrapped his arms around my waist. Pulling me into him. Then nearing my neck with his lips I pushed him back.
    "Don't you ever touch me again!" I shouted storming off. Jasper was right. Jacob didn't listen to me. I felt so stupid for not listening to Jasper. He could see what Jacob was doing and I didn't even cared. I let out a breath and pulled the sleeves on my sweater down to my wrists. I glanced back up and noticed Jasper. He looked so pissed and I couldn't blame him. Jacob had really done it this time. He had gone too far and we both knew it. Nearing him I wrapped my arms around him and I felt him instantly do the same thing. "I love you". I whispered.
   "I love you so much Avery". Jasper whispered back. Glaring back at Jacob,  Jasper stepped forward. "If you ever touch Avery in that way again I'll rip your head off". He shouted. I looked up at Jasper then at Jacob.
   "You don't speak for her". Jacob growled back. "Jacob just stop". I stated. He shook his head and walked towards me. He then grabbed my arm. Jasper grabbed his.
   "Get your hand off her!" Jasper demanded.
    "Get your hand off me you damn leech!" Jacob growled phasing into his wolf form. I pushed myself between them glancing at Jasper then at Jacob.
   "That's enough!" I shouted. "Jacob just leave me alone. I told you that I chose Jasper and that's never going to change". I reminded him. Jacob bared his large teeth at me as he rushed on all fours back into the woods. I put my hands on my head. Why did Jacob have to make everything so damn difficult.

Ooh fiancé vs friend stand off. Oh dear.