Chapter 16

~one month later~

The day that I had been dreading was finally here. Alice had seen the Volturi coming for them as soon as the first snow fell. And today was that day.
Waking up I took a shower and found that both Bella and Jasper had sent me a text.

B: Keep Charlie safe and don't leave the house.

J: please stay safe Avery. I love you with all my being.

I sat my phone down. Not bothering to text them back because by now they would be gone. Sighing I got dressed and headed down stairs to find a note from Jasper saying that Charlie had gone over to Billy's for the big game. Glancing over at the clock I knew that it had started already so I didn't want to bother him by calling him.
Nor could I call up Jacob. One because I was still super pissed at him and two because he and the others were at the battle.
    It felt so strange being in a new house. Alone. Two weeks ago I had moved in with Jasper in his little cozy cottage and it felt unreal to me. I was only 18 and already engaged and we were living together. Things had moved quickly between us, but I didn't care. I felt comfort, protection and love from him and I knew that he felt the same way. I was his mate and he was mine. And nothing was ever going to change that.
~
"Hey dad". I spoke into the phone. "It's Avery. I just wanted to know if you were going to stay at Billy's for supper. If not then you could come over and I could make us some steak. Alright I love you bye". I hung up the phone and sighed.
30 minutes passed with no word from Charlie. Sighing I went over to the fridge. 
   "Well Avery it looks like your on your own for supper tonight". I said to myself reaching for a frozen pound of steak.
          Finishing up the the last touches on the steak I stepped back. Placing my hands on my hip I smiled. That steak didn't look half bad if I did say so myself. I want the best cook around, but Charlie and Bella enjoyed my cooking so I wasn't going to quit. Even if Bella couldn't eat what I made anymore. She was on a special diet called Vampirism. Your only allowed blood and that was it. Seemed pretty boring to me. I laughed out loud at my own joke.
    "Oh dear lord I need more friends". I chuckled to myself.
After washing up my dirty dishes I sat down on the couch with the remote and a warm blanket. Scrolling through the different channels I noticed that they were having a Disney movie marathon. In the mood for something happy I changed to that channel as the opening song of Frozen flooded the living room.

Just two or Three chapters to go.