(1) Day 1. Introduction

Author's Note: Hey guys, I just realized my first three chapters are pretty long.

But just FYI they are NOT boring. I'm not just sitting here explaining someone's past. Shlt actually happens, hahaha.

Please give my story a chance and get through the first few chapters and I promise it'll be made up for!

Much love,
Your author <3

_____

"Akai Pallen." The sharp, authoritative male loudly stated. He stood at the front of the large group, tracking attendance. He had olive skin, chiseled facial features, tousled jet-black hair, and dark caramel eyes -- he'd introduced himself to us as Poe Dameron, our professor, just before beginning roll call.

I raised my head high and pushed a hand into the air. "Here," I called out.

Yes, roll call was severely important on that day, for that day was the introduction and tour of the Resistance Academy. All students would take an informative stroll through the small campus with their peers and professors.

Looking back on what happened that day, I realize that 'informative stroll' is not the proper term to address the events that occurred.

The rest of my classmates' names were called in efficient time. I looked up at my new professor, Poe, with excitement coursing through me. I was so ready for whatever laid ahead. I was more than ready -- I was eager. I was going to become a Resistance pilot.

The mere thought of becoming a pilot was astonishing enough, but to work for the Resistance? I was euphoric.

"Alright, so we're going to get things started by visiting the dorms. Follow me," Poe instructed. He began to walk, and the entire class followed after him, "Now at the end of the day you'll all take home a package that will entail exactly which dormitory hall and suite you'll be staying in, but today we're just trying to learn our way around."

As he walked and talked, Poe continuously glanced back at the group of students and made wide hand gestures.

I couldn't help but notice he was attractive -- well, more than attractive, honestly.

My professor is downright sexy, I thought, raising my eyebrows in surprise. He wore black pants, a black shirt, and a brown leather jacket covered in several badges, marks, and embroidered designs. I could still make out his muscle definition beneath his clothes if I focused hard enough.

I jolted myself from my dreamy thoughts. Akai! He is your professor! Stop., I firmly, mentally told myself. I laughed -- but in the way that you just breathe out of your nose to yourself -- at how unsurprising I was. Of course I was the idiot to have hots for the professor.

Then I realized that my class was approaching the academy's entrance. Like most facilities around the Resistance's base, the entrance was hidden on the side of a massively tall dark green hill and the majority of the academy was underground. Only thin paved areas lead the people of the Resistance from one place to another. During the search for Luke Skywalker the only part of the Resistance that resided at the base was the militia but afterwards the members invited their families to live and we began a community on D'Qar.

"This is so exciting," I said. The irritatingly gorgeous girl standing next to me turned. Her straw-colored hair fell over her shoulder, and I found her dark hair roots aesthetic. She looked directly into my eyes and I was physically stunned by how bright her silvery-blue irises were. She had glowing, warm, ivory skin and a thick lower lip that taunted me because she was beautiful and I was a little above average at best. And of course her body was slim, trimmed, curved, and toned.