23. (Day 35) The First Order

A series of whirs, beeps, and clicks filled the otherwise eerie silence in the gray room. Employees sat at respective computer stations, monitoring the well-being of the powerful starship and the surrounding space. 

The leader stood before them, dressed in all black with a helmet of strong dark metal suited on his head. He stood tall, with pristine posture and his hands clasped behind his back. His wide stance portrayed his power and he gazed outwardly at the large windows so he could see the space ahead of him.

His head cranked sharply to the left. "General." 

His voice was deep, metallic, dark, and conveyed a feeling of cold fear throughout the bodies of whoever heard it. He was well-known symbol of strength and violence throughout the dictatorial organization he ran. 

A meek looking man who manned a station swiveled in his chair to face the leader in black. The general spoke in an uneven voice and wore a countenance of someone who was desperately attempting to appear brave. 

"Yes, sir?" 

"Has the target been located?" 

"Yes, sir. Resources from the Resistance base have confirmed the target's location to be at the base, on D'Qar." The general replied in his trembling voice, struggling to maintain eye contact with the terrifying creature. 

"Good. Set course to D'Qar, and plan to hit in nine days time. Begin preparing the barracks and readying for the attack. We will need full preparations." 

Kylo Ren turned to look back out the window as chaos erupted around him in correspondence to his simple instructions. The general rushed out of the room to start prepping soldiers, ships, and hangars for the potential war. A flurry of commotion started up at the computer stations as they switched the ship's course. Voices and the sound of machinery filled the room. 

Kylo Ren gazed out into the stars and nearly laughed. He knew that the weak Resistance would stand no chance against him now. 

_____