28 (44). Interrogation

I turned on my heel and tried to make a mad dash to the forest, but tripped over something, I don't know what, and then I was on the ground, in the dirt. And I couldn't move again, but I severely wanted to -- but something was holding me back.

And then my vision was fading, fading, fading . . .

_____

My eyes opened and I started. I was breathing heavily and it took me a few seconds to get a good bearing of my surroundings.

I was in an octagonal room with dark walls, floors, and ceilings. I was on an elevated ramp, strapped down to it by cuffs rounding my wrists and ankles. I lifted my head to look around. Two stormtroopers stood on either side of me.

When I looked to see the other trooper, they both marched out of the room, leaving me alone.

Where am I?, I thought curiously, and at the same time I could feel fear rising within me. I knew something bad had happened.

Poe had mentioned . . . Or his walkie-talkie had said . . . What did it say?, I pondered my brain to get clues as to where I was, or where I had been taken.

Wait . . . I'm on the First Order's base. Or with them. Those were stormtroopers. Holy sh!t., I thought, anxiously, whipping my head side to side, now banging my fists upwards in a useless attempt to free myself from my cuffs.

Then something dawned on me. If those were stormtroopers, and I was taken by the First Order, then that person on D'Qar in the mask was . . . Was --

Kylo Ren then walked in, accompanied by the two stormtroopers and a powerful, strong, young-looking woman who stared at me, lacking the violence that was so present in Kylo Ren's manic eyes.

Kylo Ren removed his mask, revealing a mess of dark hair, an oblong nose, and a terrifyingly long scar that ran from his cheek and down his neck.

"I'm guessing you know who I am?" He spoke in a surprisingly soft, nasally, snobby voice.

I stared at him, fear rising in me. I knew of his power, of his strength -- of his viciousness, of his murderous tendencies. I had heard of his temper tantrums, as well.

"Yes." I whispered weakly, maintaining eye contact but only because I was afraid if I looked away he would use the force to make me look back at him.

"Do you know who you are?" Kylo Ren asked, cocking his head to the side. I glanced at the woman and back to him.

"Yes." I answered slowly, confused by his question.

Kylo Ren smiled -- or rather, the corners of his mouth turned maliciously upwards. "But I am going to guess you don't know the true story of who you are. The true magnitude of your power."

I frowned ever so slightly. I knew I should not test this man. I slowly shook my head.

"Well it's time to learn." Kylo Ren began.

"As you know, the First Order has been quickly conquering the galaxy piece by piece, rising to the top, and surely will prevail within the next decade. The Resistance is, well, the only bit of resistance left. And soon enough they will be in our grasp. Soon enough, we will rule all.

"But I don't care if that may be true. I don't care if we reach the top. I want more. I know we can achieve more than the top of the food chain -- the top of the galaxy. I want to be more feared, more machine-esque, more efficient, more effective, more powerful. And the only way to continue doing that once we are ruling all of the systems is to continue building our defense, and to continue acquiring weapons.