(16) Day 14-15. Secrets

Poe then murmured in his gently rasped, sexy voice, "How comfortable would you be if I kissed you right now?"

_____

Poe glanced down to my lips and back up to my eyes.

"Very." I answered.

Without hesitation, Poe pressed his lips to mine and moved his body closer to me.

My passion for him was reignited and all feelings of disappointment and self-consciousness where whisked away.

His arm slipped around my waist and pulled our bodies closer so our chests were pressed together. My heart beat erratically and I wrapped my arms around his neck, keeping him close.

His lips gently, but fiercely, meshed with mine. Timeless seconds passed. I grew physically and emotionally closer to Poe as the time ticked away.

I pulled away and could only see lust on his face. Every muscle in my body screamed to lean forward, continue, and intensify the kiss.

"Curfew's almost hit." I whispered.

"You could break it." Poe rumbled suggestively. His words made me dizzy.

I gathered my thoughts and my common sense. Not only was I kissing a teacher, but now I was considering breaking curfew to keep kissing a teacher.

I couldn't do that.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, my room mates will worry about me."

Poe didn't look disappointed or sad at all. Instead, he said, "That's fine. So you're sure about this? Because like I said, if you aren't then I'll back away. Forever."

I nodded earnestly. "I'm fine with this. I'm fine."

"And we can't let anyone know or else we could both get in a lot of trouble, alright? If this is going to work you can't tell your dorm mates. No one can know." Poe warned, and I nodded more.

"I know. I wasn't going to tell them, anyways." I trusted him not to tell anyone.

A slight grin came onto his lips.

"Alright then," He said quietly, his confidence back and rearing up, "It's getting pretty close to curfew."

I stood up. "Okay. Goodbye, Poe."

"See you, Akai."

*****

Second session, the next day (15)

"Pilot safety," Poe began, his serious eyes flickering to me, "A crucial part of learning to become a pilot. How can you be a successful pilot if you can't keep yourself alive?"

Poe clapped his large hands and the sound smacked across the walls of the room. "You can't. If you open your pilot guides to the thirtieth page we will go through diagrams for the remainder of class on the different most basic safety procedures and mechanics."

His eyes moved quickly towards me again. I was the only person that knew what emotion truly existed behind the professor-like seriousness -- hot desire.

I wanted to shrink away under his normal, yet secretly full, glimpses. I wanted to boast that I, the most mediocre student at the academy, had captured the affection of the daring, dashing Poe Dameron, piloting legend.

But I couldn't, and I wouldn't dare screw up what I had going for me. I would never jeopardize my relationship with Poe -- even if it ends badly, I still won't tell anyone it ever happened.

Poe continuously glanced at me throughout the session, and I bravely sustained eye contact until he was forced to look away for professionalism.

We went over where the parachutes, fire extinguishers, and seat straps for the standard Resistance X-wing were. I tried my best to focus and absorbed a lot of the information, but part of my mind consistently thought about when I would get to talk to Poe next.