(18) Day 20. Home Life

I flipped off the lights to Opi laughed and Rizee joking, "Hey, f(_)ck you!".

I was happy -- for the time being.

_____

On every twentieth day at the academy, students get to return home for a day. And it was day twenty.

I knew I'd be spending time away from the academy. I was torn, however; I couldn't decide whether I wanted to see Poe more at school or to go home and see Statura. I know both would be refreshing (in different ways).

Nonetheless, I knew that I owed Statura a visit because we were family. I walked home leisurely, enjoying the gorgeous weather that brewed before a storm as my peers rushed around me.

I got home in good time and sat down my bag once I was inside.

"Hello, Akai!" Statura greeted me from behind his desk.

"Are you ever going to give your studies a break?" I asked him, walking towards the kitchen, somewhat jokingly and somewhat serious.

Statura only laughed. "It's nice to see you. Tell me about your life at the academy!"

One of my closest friends I've made consistently steals and gets into fights easily. I almost got attacked by a huge guy after refusing sex with him. I've been showing signs of some weird powers -- when I'd set Locke flying across the room and when I backed Poe's chair away from me, with my mind. Oh, and I have a secret relationship with my professor.

But other than that, nothing much, I thought sarcastically, rolling my eyes at myself so Statura couldn't see.

"It's great." I answered.

I then elaborated. "I've got a really nice group of friends. They all have funny and strange qualities about them. And I love the piloting -- whenever I feel like I'm getting bored I just picture myself up in an X-wing, doing whatever we're learning about in class. Then I'm all the way intrigued."

Statura turned and grinned to me. "And how are you doing in that class?"

"I'm doing alright. I understand most of the material and when I don't get something I just go and get help from my professor." I shrugged easily.

"And who's your professor?" Statura inquired curiously.

"Poe Dameron." The words fell out of my mouth like strained water, because part of me wanted to sigh in admiration and talk about how good of a kisser -- how manly of a man -- Poe was, but the other part was nervous that somehow Statura knew about our relationship. Strained water. Smooth, but chopped.

Statura raised an eyebrow and inclined his head. "The Poe Dameron?"

I nodded and couldn't help the corners of my lips from turning upwards excitedly. I felt so impressed with myself because somehow I had scored Poe -- the Poe that everyone at the Resistance, and surely most people off, knew about. I'd scored the Poe that intimidated enemies and was a threat in the air. I'd scored the Poe that knows exactly where on your back to put his hands when he wants to grip you and make you gasp --

Nope, Akai. You're sitting with your dad. You can't think that right now, I reprimanded myself.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but Poe might not be around much longer." My heart dropped at his words.

"Why not?" I exclaimed, trying my best to not sound frantically worried.

"There have been notions and observations indicating that the First Order is moving closer to our base. They have been sending ships to strange locations and launching strange missions, as far as we and our internally hidden employees can tell." Statura finished gravely.