30. (44) The Rescue

"Where is the security shield gate station?" I asked quieter, my voice altered by the mask of the TIE fighter helmet.

The man looked me up and down, and then behind my shoulder. I turned to see what he was looking at, and then he addressed the stormtroopers at the door.

"Seize him."

_____

I sucked in air through braced teeth and shook my head to the commander. 

"See, I was afraid you'd say that." I said, simultaneously pulling out my blaster. I shot the commander and turned on my heel, firing at the stormtroopers that were rapidly approaching me. The sound of the commander's body hitting the floor behind me didn't phase me, but when both of my shots at the stormtroopers were direct hits as well, I gained the attention of all employees in the room. 

"Listen up!" I yelled at them when I realized literally none of them had weapons. 

Lucky for me, although I can't believe the only weaponed employees were the guards. 

"Where is the security shield gate station? Tell me now or I kill -- " I looked around the room for a second and pointed my blaster in the direction of a closely ranged employee, " -- that guy!" 

A woman timidly raised her hand and I made my way towards her. I looked onto her screen and saw she was honest -- she was manning the station that controlled the shields of the hangar. 

"Good. Now the rest of you, get out of here!" I yelled before ordering her, "Turn them off completely." She whimpered and began typing away at her screen. The other employees began scrambling out of their seats and rushing towards the door. 

"Hey! You're pilot from TIE figher 381!" Exclaimed a close-by man, and I recognized his voice as the one who demanded my code of entry. 

"Yeah, I am. Wanna inspect my badge, idiot?" I sarcastically asked, and then added with a point of my blaster at him, "Now get out of my sight." 

He hopped out of his seat and ran towards the door. 

"There. It's done. The security shield gates are open." The woman spoke in a frightened voice. I pulled out the beacon on my belt and pressed the button that would notify General Organa to advance her forces. 

Then sirens were blaring and a robotic feminine voice was sounding loudly, "Intruder alert. Enact emergency protocol. Intruder alert. Enact . . ."

The sound of pounding, clunking feet reached my ears and in a matter of a second I had ripped the female shield station employee from her seat, pulled her in front of my body as protection, and put my blaster to her temple. We faced a squadron of stormtroopers who were in formation, blasters pointed at us, who had responded to the emergency protocol order. 

"Don't shoot or I kill her!" I shouted. The stormtroopers and I were frozen with anticipation, seeing who would make the first move. 

Then, much to my surprise, a light female voice sounded, "Leave him to me." 

The stormtroopers parted like a sea for a short woman in dark, tight clothes. She walked through them, staring at me blankly. I tightened and readjusted my grip on my blaster and the security station girl's arm. 

"I will shoot her." I warned the strange woman that had walked in. 

She raised her hand to me and said, "Do it." 

I hesitated, and that's all the mystery woman needed to take control of the situation. I watched as a purple electricity shot from her hands, taking grip of the girl in my grasp and casting her to the side. The girl cried out in pain and flew across the ground, leaving me defenseless.