Chapter two: Chance encounter

I just narrowly made it to my English class on time and took a seat beside one of my close friends, Levi. Levi wanted to be a writer, it was his dream. However he was also a great guy and really sweet while at the same time, he loved sports. He played for our football team which was running undefeated right now. Even now, Levi was dressed in jeans, a white T-shirt, his blue football jacket and a ruffled mess of his dirty blonde hair.

He grinned at me with sleepy eyes as I slid in next to him and tuned into our teachers lecture.

After about ten minutes he slid a paper under my hand. I blinked at him before opening it up and examining it.

Football game, Friday night. Come out and cheer me on?-L

I grinned and rolled my eyes.

We'll talk at lunch. -N

At the end of class Levi and I picked up our belongings and started outside into the brisk cold.

"So someone was running late." He stated.

"I know, I had a long morning."

"Well I'm thoroughly disappointed. I even spoke with Dr. Royon about debating how much better Frost's writing styles were than Poe's."

I rolled my eyes.

"In your dreams Archer, Poe can kick Frost's ass any day with his poetic styles."

Levi's face lit up; he loved debating with me about different writing techniques and how some of the greatest writers of our times were those who were the least appreciated.

"Care to prove your point?"

"I'd usually give you further remark on this but I'm not really up for debates today. In fact I'm kind of in a mellowed out state right now."

"Oh." Levi's shoulders fell and I bit my lip. I didn't want to leave him hanging after getting his hopes up.

"But maybe tonight if you guys can get a few drinks in me, we can further discuss it."

Levi beamed.

"Nice! Tara and London are gonna come too?"

"Probably and I would expect Jeff too if I were you."

Levi nodded and shrugged. He didn't really like Jeff however he didn't want to make me feel bad so he never mentioned it up front.

"I can live with that. Nine O'clock good?"

"Perfect; I'll meet you at Barnaby's then."

"Hey do you know the time right now?"

"Yeah uhm..." I muttered and glanced at my phone.

"It's eleven twenty four." I murmured and Levi grinned.

"Such specifics necessary?"

"Yes they were."

We muttered goodbye before parting ways and I started towards my car but suddenly rammed head first into someone. I fell backward onto the concrete with a spinning head as my papers went fluttering to the sidewalk. I shook my head and took a collective breath before noticing a hand in front of me.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" The voice asked; it was smooth yet even volumed. Perfect pitched.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I grinned and took the hand in mine as the person helped me to my feet. I felt a shock of discharge in our hands as they touched and we jumped back for a moment before I actually looked at the person. He had to be the most beautiful man I'd ever laid eyes on.