Chapter Fifteen: First Date

"Come on Naomi, I know you can do better."

I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes at Duncan from across the room. We'd been training for three hours and I was prepared to rip his face off with my bare hands. It was already bad enough that this was only my third time training but he'd also invited his friends, Hayden and Colby from the club. While Hayden had come in, bubbly and energetic, Colby was quiet and mysterious. His dark blue eyes seemed to take in everything from under his bushy dirty blonde hair. It also didn't help the ominous fact that he stood at a towering height of 6'2. They were a complete contrast but Duncan had told me they were considered 'Married' for all intents and purposes in the holy kingdom. They'd been partners since literally, the beginning of time.

"I didn't think angels could be in love like that." I explained, a little confused.

"That's just a legend. Every living creature has emotions and it's not advised we ignore them. However, we don't usually express physical love unless we are legally married. That's kind of where the abstinence thing came from." Duncan explained, taping up my wrists to prepare me for our physical training.

"So...have you ever been married?" I questioned, glancing over at Hayden, who looked like a midget at her tiny height with her pixy like features hugging onto Colby with a huge smile. He grinned too however it was more subtle as he ran his fingers through her red hair.

Duncan looked at me with a teasing grin.

"Nope, seems like I'm too much man for a regular angel to handle...Maybe I need a special one to tame me." He winked jokingly as I blushed and punched him in the arm, remembering our dinner date for that night.

"Duncan I'm trying my damndest here!" I explained, furious now as he threw me into a wall again. It didn't hurt anymore, my body quickly built up a wall of tolerance against pain however it was annoying. I'd also found during the course of our training that I could push my physical abilities to nearly unbelievable limits. I could run two miles within a minute and a half. I could also lift a full sized Chevy over my head without breaking a sweat.

"I know but you need to try harder, a demon isn't going to take it easy on you just because you're starting out."

I shook my head and growled but Duncan straightened up, seeming to sense that I was at my limit.

"Okay, that's enough for today. We'll pick back up tomorrow."

"Oh fun! Can we come and watch again?" Hayden questioned excitedly.

Duncan grinned.

"Sure, maybe you could even get in there. I'm sure you guys will be better at fighting than I am."

He then turned to me.

"If I really wanted to challenge you I'd put you up against Colby here. He's a serious killer."

Colby grinned bashfully and shrugged.

"I've just had a lot of free time to practice over the centuries." He spoke in a soft and mellow voice.

I sighed and brushed my hair out of my face before I heard my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw it was Tara.

"Mimi! Where are you, I just got home! I wanna see my best friend, I miss her!" Tara whined sounding more like herself than she had for the last week.

I chuckled.

"I'll be home soon I'm uh...at the gym. Anyway, I need you to help me get ready, I got a date tonight." I grinned and cut my eyes to Duncan. He was talking to Hayden and Colby about something but he glanced at me and I saw the shit eating grin on his face.