Chapter six: Go away-N

My fingers were still locked around my steering wheel as I sat in my car outside the cafeteria, where Duncan and I had agreed to meet. I was mentally preparing myself for tonight. I had to make myself forget about my dream from the night before. If I let something slip about it then Duncan would think I was just plain nuts and would never even give me the time of day. I didn't want to risk never seeing his night-sky eyes with the flecks of light that looked like stars or his smile so warm that it could've melted snow in a blizzard.

I let my thoughts sweep over the pieces of the dream from the night before that stuck out like tacks in my brain once more. One of the biggest parts was when Duncan had pushed me behind him, protecting me. The other one was remembering what his arms felt like on me when he'd caught me just before I'd awaken.

I pushed the thoughts away and pressed my fingers to my temples. The dream had been so real and yet it had such impossible things that had happened.

It was a dream, it was a dream, it was a dream I repeated mentally to myself before exhaling a long breath of relief.

Suddenly a soft knocking drew me out of my silent state.

I jumped back as I saw Duncan standing outside my door, smiling ear to ear at my expression. I gave a snarling glare and hopped out of the driver's seat.

"What the hell was that for? You scared me half to death!"

"I personally thought you were asleep, I figured I had to wake you up." He grinned and I sighed but let it go good-humoredly.

"So..." He started softly and his dark blue eyes softened.

"Coffee?"

"Yes please." I smiled and we began to walk down the road.

As silence fell between us I took a moment to examine him again.

His shaggy chocolate hair looked just trimmed enough to escape the path of his eyes. His night sky eyes were bright through the real darkness of the evening.

"Listen..." He muttered softly; his voice was smooth as velvet.

"About last night...if there's anything that you're not understanding-"

"What're you talking about?" I chuckled with a grin.

Duncan wrinkled his eyebrows and stared at me suddenly as if I had three heads. I wanted to run my index finger over the crease between his eyebrows to smooth it out.

"Uhm...don't you remember last night?"

I blushed, wondering what I should remember when I hadn't even gone out.

"Naomi...outside of the Starbucks...with the demon....you unleashed your light..."

I suddenly turned pale and felt nauseous. How on earth could Duncan have known what I'd dreamt the night before? It was impossible.

"How...How do you know about my nightmares?" I hissed quietly and looked around; making sure no one coming by could hear us.

Duncan blinked and drew back quickly.

"Naomi...that wasn't a dream...that was real...that was a real demon and you unleashed your light and killed him. You also did rather well I might add for your first time.-"

"Stop it! Demons don't exist; they're just some fairytale creatures from the bible! Like angels!" I growled softly and took a step back, internally panicking. It couldn't be true. That couldn't have really happened. There was no way that had been a demon or that I had killed him. And if it was real then what was the explanation for it all because I sure as hell didn't have one.