Chapter Eight: Zaks POV

A long and heavy sigh emptied my lungs of all air. I shifted my heavy aching limbs, careful not to wake a sleeping Nova. His large form was curled up beside me with his arm hanging loosely across my waist and his other stretched out on my pillow with my head snuggled into his shoulder. I'd been cooped up in Micky's house for the best part of two weeks now. I wasn't allowed to leave, Nova's orders. And Micky agreed with him too. I shuffled in the bed, trying to get comfy again but it was damn near impossible with this ridiculously huge cast on my leg.

They'd finally told me what had happened with Derek and me on that day but there was still one thing that puzzled me, but I was too afraid to ask. In fact I wasn't even certain of what I saw myself. My mind had been hazy and I slipped in and out of consciousness due to the unbelievable pain, but I was almost certain I saw the pair of males suddenly change into the same huge black beast that had attacked me in the first place. I hoped with all my might that it was just my imagination but when I really thought about it I came to the conclusion that I think I'd be fine if it was real. I thought that even if Nova was a gigantic wolf-like beast it wouldn't matter because he made me feel safe. He treated me so gently as if I was something very precious to him. These past few weeks he had waited on me hand and foot since the moment I'd opened my eyes. I'd slowly gotten used to his touch too. At first I wasn't sure what to do when he kissed my forehead or my cheeks, even the occasional peck on the lips. Each one making my heart flutter more and more, sending sparks racing through my body. It was different. Something I'd never felt before, but it made me feel all warm inside.

Nova stirred beside me, pulling me from my thoughts. He stared at me with sleepy eyes, smiling happily.

''Morning cutie pie.'' He grinned wider when I punched his chest playfully. This was another thing I'd slowly gotten used to. The constant stupid random nicknames he came out with.

''Morning. You sleep well?'' I asked.

He nodded and sighed, the sound rumbling through his muscular chest. ''Even better knowing I had a real beauty snuggled up next to me.'' He carefully pulled me closer into his chest, nuzzling his face into my hair.

''Who was that then.'' I said jokingly pushing him away, pouting my lips in a mocking oh no you didn't look, making him laugh and shake his head.

He leaned towards me and touched his lips to mine. His tongue licked at my bottom lip eagerly. I smiled to myself teasing him by playing ignorant. He caught on quick and suddenly I was flat on my back with him hovering above me.

''You big tease.'' He grinned like the Cheshire Cat before slamming his lips back to mine, being more forceful.

His hands moved across my chest and once they did I knew I'd lost my own little game. He knew my weak spot. He tweaked my hardened nipple through my top, making my body shiver in pleasure and gasp. Without wasting a second his tongue had invaded my mouth, our tongues wrapping round each other passionately. I couldn't help but moan in pleasure at the sensations he made me feel.

I could feel my sex harden and my cheeks flushed in embarrassment when Nova rubbed his own against mine. He rocked his hips softly, grinding our hardened members against each other as he moaned in my mouth.

''I love you sweetheart.'' He whispered into my ear, nibbling at it, causing delicious shivers to race through my body.

My hands slid themselves down his sides and across his toned hips, loving the feeling of the taut flesh beneath them. Feeling brave, I tugged down the front of his shorts and slid my hand down his length making his breath hitch as I slowly started moving my hand up and down his length. Licking his lips he mimicked my moves, taking both mine and his in his hand.