Chapter Nine: Split POV

Micky's P.O.V

It's been almost a month since Nova brought a beaten and dying Zak to my home. To been one hell of a whirlwind and I'm so glad that Zak has pulled through. It was definitely touch and go for a moment. I don't know what would've happened to our young alpha if he'd had to go through the trauma of losing his mate so early in life. It's been very painful for him, in more ways than one, and the full moon hasn't helped much in that area either. He's had to refrain from marking his mate which is something werewolves usually do in the first week of meeting, not only because of the terrible injuries Zak had sustained, but because he didn't want to overwhelm the poor boy with too much information while he was recovering. He wanted Zak to be fit and healthy before he delved too deep into explaining our world.
Overall I'm genuinely impressed with my soon-to-be alpha. He was strong, very strong to be able to keep relatively calm through all this and most importantly, not give into his wolfs urges.

"Micky!" Nova's voice called me from somewhere in the house, bringing me out of my thoughts. Sighing I got up, left my office and walked to the staircase, which was when the smell hit me. Blood! Quickly I ran down the stairs and burst into the living room where I saw Nova fussing over a trembling Zak.
"Whats happened?" I asked, already having an idea on what was wrong.

Nova looked up at me, guilt shining in his multicoloured eyes, "He moved a little too quick I think." His voice trembled slightly as he spoke, "I-I think one of the stitches popped again."
I sighed in frustration and gritted my teeth, fighting with the words that wanted to pour out. This was the third time this week that he's done this. Moving Nova roughly out of the way I picked a shocked Zak up and calmly walked back upstairs to my office, Nova following behind like a kicked puppy.

"Zak, I'm going to need you to talk to me buddy." I said firmly as I gently laid him down on the bed. I knew from treating him over the past few weeks that he didn't handle the sight of blood too well, making his body go into a state of shock, which wasn't good at all. Getting no response I turned to his mate. "Nova talk to him, I need him to respond." I ordered and watched as he did without hesitation, softly stroking his hair.
I gathered the necessary things to treat him and went back to where he lay. I felt a little relieved to see that he was slowly responding to Nova's idle chit chat. I smiled gently when he looked up at me. "Zak this can't keep happening." I said sternly when I'd finished restitching the wound and bandaging it. "If it keeps happening I'll lock you in your room until your fully healed and Nova won't be allowed in to see you either." I told him, keeping my voice firm, frowning at Nova when I heard him whimper too. Gosh, I felt like a parent telling off their child!

"S-sorry." Zak whispered as his lip trembled and his eyes closed.

Nova glared at me for upsetting his mate but I threw one back. He needed to know that I was serious now. I've never known anyone that can pop they're stitches as often as him and I'm sure as hell that Nova's completely to blame here.

<<< Time Jump - Two months later >>>

Zak's P.O.V

Finally! I'm home! Even though it took me a while to convince Nova, and Micky for that matter, to let me return home since Derek was still around somewhere. He had reluctantly agreed, but on one massive condition...He was now going to be living here with me. I'm not sure if I'm happy or pissed about that but it's not like I had much of a choice either way. It was this, stay cooped up in Micky's house for the foreseeable future or live at the pack house with a bunch of wolves! I didn't know if they all felt the same way as Derek did and didn't fancy my chances so chose the lesser of two evils I guess.

"Hurry up! I'm getting soaked standing here!" I growled at Nova who was messing about with his car. It was pouring down and his stupid car chose now to decide to break.