Chap 8 "Homeschooling"

Sam's POV
"I thought you were going to homeschool them," I replied.
"That was before I realized I wasn't going to be home," Amelia replied. "Since you pulled them out, you're staying here and teaching them."
"I can do that," Devin responded.
There was a knock on the door. "I got it," I replied. I walked to the door and opened it. "What are you doing here, Blake?" He punched me in the nose and pushed his way through. "What the hell?" I followed him to Amelia and Dean. "That was uncalled for."
"What are you doing here, Blake?" Amelia asked. He didn't say anything and her facial expression changed. "Not Blake."
"What?" Dean asked.
"Black eyes," Amelia pulled it her gun. Dean and I did as well. "Leave his body."
"You wouldn't dare harm his body," Blake replied.
"Only you would think that," Amelia nodded. She shot him in the arm. "I'm sure he doesn't mind."
"Amelia, you might wanna be careful," I replied.
"It's a minor flesh wound that we can stitch up," Amelia nodded. She started an exorcism on him. He took a pen and jabbed it into his side. "No!" She was angry. "Dammit."
"Now what were you saying?" Blake asked.
"Audi nos," Amelia looked at him. The smoke exited from his mouth and disappeared. Amelia rushed over to him and caught him before he fell to the ground. "Don't die on me now."
"Amelia," Blake whispered.
"Don't you dare die on me now," Amelia nodded. "Dean, take him to the hospital."
"Amelia, he's already dying," Dean nodded.
"He's not dying on my watch," Amelia sighed. "I'll take him to the hospital myself."
"Go," I nodded. Amelia left with Blake. "I'll text her the groceries list while she's out."
"Why do you like her?" Dean asked. "Seems like she comes with her own kind of baggage."
"Dean," I nodded as I sent the text to Amelia. "So, Blake is alive. They're giving him blood transfusions."
"I'm glad he's alive," Dean replied. "But what if they have feelings for each other?"
"She made a choice to save him but she didn't make a choice to leave me," I nodded. "Look where she is now, though. She's with us, with me." Dean looked at me. "She could possibly become your sister, Dean." I followed Dean into the kitchen. He got onto his laptop and got a beer. "Wow, so, that's what you're going to say to that?" Dean took a sip of his beer. "Okay. I give up, Dean."
"I got everything on the list," Amelia sighed as she entered the kitchen with the groceries. "So, what are you thinking? Scrambled or fried?"
"I'm not really that hungry," Dean sighed.
"Really?" I asked as I walked over to Amelia and opened the pie. "How about pie?"
"Maybe later," Dean nodded as he focused on the laptop. "In the middle of something."
"Alright, dude, something's wrong," I replied.
"No," Dean looked at Amelia and I. "Nothing is wrong."
"I get it," I sighed. "If Mom --"
"I'm gonna stop you right there, okay?" Dean cut me off. "Look, Mom needed her space, and I told you I'm cool with it."
"But are you really?" I asked.
"Guys, this happened last night," Amelia put her tablet down in front of us. "Two Killed in Mystery Fire."
"Mystery fire?" I asked.
"Yeah, the kind that doesn't burn anything but the bodies," Dean looked at his laptop. He glanced over at the pie. "What do you think?"
"Spontaneous combustion," I nodded. "Uh, witch? Dragon?"
"Maybe," Amelia nodded.
"The old lady is loaded," Dean added. "I'm talking about pools of money. So, what's a lady like that doing at some crap store at three in the morning?"
"Making a deal on some antiques?" Amelia questioned. "I mean it was an antique shop. Some rich people like antiquing."
"I say we check it out," Dean nodded.
"Uhm, alright," Amelia hesitated. "I mean, we just got home and I find out kids are getting home-schooled, but sure, let's hit the road again."
"Alright, in the mean time, you sure you don't want to talk ab--"
"No," Dean cut me off.
"Dean," I sighed. "It's called sublimation."
"Yeah, yeah, it's kind of my thing," Dean nodded. "Let's go." We got into the car and Dean drove us to the antique shop. We got out of the car. "At least it's in town."
"Yeah," I nodded as I looked around. "Looks like we missed the calvary."
"I guess we should go home then," Dean sighed.
"You're kidding, right?" Amelia asked. She got out her lock pick and opened the door. We walked inside and closed the door. We got out our flashlight. We looked around. "Alright, I'm guessing that's the first victim."
"Scrooge McDuck lady?" Dean asked.
"Yeah," I nodded. "Which makes that one the antiques dealer." I got out the EMF reader. "His name was Marvin Brickle."
"He's widowed and owned the shop for decades," Amelia nodded.
"No sulfur," Dean sighed.
"Ditto EMF," I added.
"Maybe hex bags?" Amelia asked. "Or, you know, antique shop, full of old stuff." I looked at Amelia. "Maybe it was a cursed object and it went haywire, started killing everybody." I turned on the lights and we turned off our flashlights. "Lights."
"It wouldn't be the first time," Dean replied.
"Right," I sighed. I started checking the computer as Dean and Amelia checked the place. I heard a clatter upstairs and saw Dean. "Dean." He couldn't handle the ship. "Dude."
"Don't say it," Dean pointed at me.
"May-maybe let's not touch anything until we figure out if this stuff wants to kill us or not?" Amelia was smart to think ahead.
"Yeah, I got it," Dean stated as he put the ship back on the table. It fell over again. "Oh, forget it."
"Yeah," I nodded as he walked off. I found an old watch on the desktop. "Wow."
"Sam, I think I found something," Amelia stated.
"It looks like the victims were meeting about an antique pocket watch the night they died," I replied.
"Pocket watch?" Dean asked.
"Yeah, according to Marv's e-mail, at least," I nodded.
"Uh, Sam," Dean called.
"Yeah, hold up," I sighed. Amelia came up to me. "Get this. I hacked into Marv's hard drive. It -- it looks like he was conducting an entire underground business, uh, catering to, uh..."
"Nazi nutjobs?" Dean asked.
"Yeah," I nodded. "Wait, how'd you know that?"
"You might wanna take a look at this," Dean stated.
Amelia and I walked up to where Dean was. "Oh. That's, uh, wow," I stated.
"Looks like Scrooge McDuck lady got her rocks off by collecting Nazi crap," Dean nodded.
"Yeah, guess so," I scoffed. "According to Marv's ledger, the watch belonged to a member of Hitler's inner circle."
"So, where is it now?" Amelia asked.
"I don't know," I nodded. "The police didn't report finding it. And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that it's probably not out there and probably not in here." Amelia looked at me. "I mean, Nazi connection? The immolation MO? Sound like anybody we know?"
"The Thule," Dean replied.
"Maybe they crashed the party, took the watch, and torched the bystanders," I nodded.
"Nazis," Dean sighed. "I hate these guys." We went to a diner. Dean and I had to make a call. "Just do some research, Amelia."
"On it," Amelia nodded.
"You'll do fine," I nodded. "Like you always do."