Chap 10 "Time To Tell Them"

Sam's POV
"Dean," I sighed as Amelia left the room to call Blake. "I think it's time that we tell the kids that I'm their dad."
"How do you think Amelia feels?" Dean asked.
"I hope she says yes," I nodded. Amelia walked back in. "Hey, I got a question for you."
"Shoot," Amelia nodded.
"I was wondering if we can tell the kids that I'm their father," I sighed. "I want them to know that now, Amelia. Not ten years from now."
"As long as they say goodbye to Blake," Amelia nodded. "Like now. He wants to say goodbye to them. Considering what happened to him with that demon possessing him, he doesn't want anything to do with me, or us, or the kids." I looked at Amelia. "I don't know how the kids are going to take it but they take a liking to you. So, let's go get some ice cream after we go see Blake at the hospital." Daniel and Danielle walked out to us, ready and dressed. "Alright, let's go." We got into Amelia's car and we went to the hospital. We walked to Blake's room. "Go kids."
"Daddy!" Danielle exclaimed. She ran over to Blake and got on his bed. So did Daniel. "We've missed you, Daddy."
"I've missed you guys too," Blake smiled. "I got something to tell you, okay?" They nodded. "I love you guys and your mommy very much. I do but Daddy's going away for a very long time."
"But you'll come back like you always do," Danielle nodded.
"Yeah," Daniel nodded.
"Not this time," Blake looked at them. "Don't hate your mommy for this. This was my idea. I made the decision that we won't be in each others life for very long." I crossed my arms. "I have to go away. And please don't call me daddy like you guys usually do."
"But you are," Daniel looked at him.
"No, no I'm not," Blake nodded. "Go with your mommy."
Danielle and Daniel walked over to Amelia crying. "Smooth," I nodded at Blake.
"Guys, it's okay," Amelia tried calming them down. "It's okay kids." Amelia looked at Blake. "You honestly don't sugarcoat anything, do you?" Amelia scoffed. "Sam, you wanna try? They are your kids."
"Yeah," I nodded. "Kids, come here." They walked over to me and invited their tears. "Ignore Blake and all that he's told you but you're not his kids, okay?" They looked at me. "That's true. But the other part of it, you guys are my kids." Their eyes got wide. "You are my kids. Alright? Let's go and get some ice cream."
"I like you," Daniel looked at me.
"That's a start," I nodded. "As time progresses, I hope I make a good dad and be a good father to you guys." I smiled them. "I love you guys." I pulled them in for a hug. "I'm very proud of how you guys have grown up."
"Sam, demon," Amelia stated. She pulled the kids towards her as I stood up and turned around. "Leave us alone."
"We aren't quite done yet," he smiled. His eyes flickered black and then back to normal. "I'm here for the patient."
"You're out of your mind, doctor," Amelia started walking up to him.
"Amelia, don't," I stated but he waved his hand and she was against the wall. "Let her go."
"I can't keep doing this," Amelia struggled against the wall. Black smoke came out of the doctor's mouth. It tries to go in Blake but it couldn't and it went back into the doctor. "Gotcha." She chuckled. "You really think just because he's my ex, I'll leave him with nothing?"
"Then I'll just take you," the doctor walked up to Amelia. The black smoke tried to enter her but couldn't. "This can't be."
"Just face it," I looked at him. "We're all tagged." He left. Amelia fell to the ground. I helped her up. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," Amelia nodded. "Blake, keep that with you, okay? It'll protect you."
"Yeah, thanks," Blake nodded.
"Let's go," I nodded. We went to a place called Louie G Italian Ice. We all got one and sat down. "You're sure that Blake will keep that on him at all times?"
"If he wants to stay protected," Amelia nodded.
"How could he not enter you?" I asked.
"Sam, we got matching tattoos," Amelia looked at me. She showed me the tattoo that was on the back of her shoulder. "It's worth not having a demon posses me."
"At least they don't know," I nodded. "How are you a Christian if you do all this?"
"I'm with you guys," Amelia nodded. We got the kids in the car and they fell asleep. I kept cruising around the town. "I just know that if you encounter evil, you ask for help but you still get hurt." I sighed. "Sometimes he doesn't answer our prayers but our faith is...or was strong."
"Was there anyone else? Before me? I know you had my kids at 23 and then you got with Blake. Was there anyone before us? Before you were eighteen?"
"There was someone when I was fourteen to my seventeenth birthday."
"Who?"
"Let's take a day's drive to NYC," Amelia smiled. "I'll let you meet him."
"Serious?" I asked. "Now?"
"We can get there by 1pm tomorrow. It's about a twenty two hour drive."
"Alright, we'll go."
"You have to meet him. Sam, it's going to be weird meeting my ex but you have to meet this guy. He reminds me a lot like you."
"Like me?"
"It seems like I have a type after all."
"And what is that?" I smiled.
"Someone who saves lives, who saves my life," Amelia nodded.
"What?"
"You saved my life plenty of times when we were dating. Blake saved me when I was heartbroken because of you."
"And I'm guessing you'll tell me after we meet him," I nodded. Amelia nodded. "I know you too well."