Chapter Nineteen; Lay all your love on me

"What Jack! What is so important," I hissed, yanking my hand from his.

"Don't do that," He whispered, taking my hand again.

"Jack, what gives you any right to hold my hand,"

"Allegra, you have no idea how sorry I am. I-i was angry and I know you were scared and counting on me. I let you down, worse than anyone. You counted on me to protect you and I failed you-"

"Jack, you didn't just fail me! You failed all of us, you ran away. You proved Spot right for god's sakes! Do you know what I did when you ran away Jack Kelly" I sneered, poking him in the chest.

He shook his head and couldn't meet my eyes. Oh no, he wouldn't escape my wrath this time. I grabbed his chin and forced him to look at me.

"I locked myself in our room and cried. I didn't let anyone in. Not even Race or Spot,"

He looked at me shocked, knowing Spot and Race were my best friends.

"I loved you," I let out a hysterical laugh.

Tears started to fall and i buried my hands in my hair, tugging a bit.

"I loved you and you threw it in my face. You..God I love you you bastard," I sobbed.

I broke down. I could no longer be his friend. He knew and he didn't care. It killed me inside to know he didn't care, like he was never there for me to begin with.

I tried to fight when he pulled me to his chest, his arms wrapping tightly around me.

"Stop. Gunner! Stop struggling for one second, please. Just listen to me!" He pleaded.

He held my crying form at arms length, his hands gripping my forearms. He released my arms and buried both his hands in my hair.

"Allegra Rose O'Harra, I love you. God, How I love you." He whispered.

"Jack-"

He cut me off by kissing me. I melted, all the anger and years of repressed feeling pouring into one moment.
"For once Allegra you're going to listen to me," Jack whispered, breaking the kiss.

He took a few steps away and took a few calming breaths, A small nervous and happy smile on his lips.

Jack; I wasn't jealous before we met. Now every man that I see is a potential threat.

Jack turned around and he took a few steps away from me. He shook his head a bit, like he was trying to clear his thoughts.

Jack; And I'm possessive, it isn't nice You've heard me saying that smoking was my only vice

Jack turned back to me, jealousy blazing in his eyes, causing a blush to spread across my cheeks.

Jack; But now it isn't true, now everything is new And all I've learned has overturned, I beg of you-

I grabbed him, kissing him softly and briskly.

Gunner; Don't go wasting your emotion Lay all your love on me.

I spun out of his reach and shot him a sultry smile. When I stepped back towards him, my hips had a bit more sway than usual. I basked in the way his eyes darkened.

Gunner; It was like shooting a sitting duck. A little small talk, a smile and baby I was stuck. I still don't know what you've done with me, A grown up woman should never fall so easily...

I plastered my body as close to his as possible, and looked up at him through my lashes, innocence written in my eyes.

Gunner; I feel a kind of fear,

He looked at me confusion on his face

Gunner; l when I don't have you near Unsatisfied I skip my pride, I beg you dear

He cupped my face in his hands, his eyes burning with something unreadable.

Jack; Don't go wasting your emotion, Lay all your love on me. Don't go sharing your devotion Lay all your love on me.

Gunner; I've had a few little love affairs. They didn't last very long and they've been pretty scarce

I shrugged and locked eyes with Jack who was grinning at me, happier than i'd seen him in a while

Jack; I used to think that was sensible. It makes the truth even more incomprehensible.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he gripped my hips tightly, holding me as close as possible, like I would slip through his fingers at any moment.

Both; 'Cause everything is new, and everything is you, And all I've learned has overturned, what can I do?

Jack; Don't go wasting your emotion Lay all your love on me Don't go sharing your devotion Lay all your love on me.

Gunner; Don't go wasting your emotion Lay all your love on me Don't go sharing your devotion Lay all your love on me