1. The First Meeting

2020 A/N : Hi! I wrote this story five years ago, and this was the first chaptered HP story that I wrote. I was very new to all of it, and if I were to write this story now, I would definitely do it differently. I understand that there might be some things in this story that you might not agree with (Trust me, I've read all the comments over the last years), but please leave any negative comments at the door. Having said that, I hope you still enjoy reading it! Thank you!! XX

* Please do not translate or repost this story.

--

Remus is sitting at the kitchen table, checking his students' homework, when Sirius, his husband, storms in, waving a letter in his hand.

"Did you read this?"

"No, I didn't get a chance to check the mail yet. Why?" Remus asks, putting down his pen. His husband is looking really distraught, and he hands over the letter. He sits down, while Remus quickly reads it.

"The bastards," Sirius says, and Remus lets out a sigh, as he puts down the letter on the table. "I will kill them if I ever find them."

"No, you won't," Remus says, knowing his husband far too well. "Plus, if you'll be put in jail for murder, then what will happen to Harry, huh?"

"I know."

"Well, it seems like we'll be needing to clear out a room."

---

Sirius and Remus are at the train station, Remus checking his watch every two seconds, Sirius walking up and down the platform, making sure that Harry hadn't arrived on the last train, and that he isn't waiting for them somewhere.

Sirius and Remus had met at school, where they had also been friends with another couple, James and Lily Potter. They had stayed friends all throughout school, and after. And when James and Lily had had a baby, Harry, they had named Sirius and Remus his godparents. But only a year after Harry had been born, the five of them had gotten into a car accident. A bus had smashed into them, pushing their car off of a bridge, into the water. They had all tried to get out of the car together, but James had hit his head, and they couldn't get him to wake up. Lily had begged them to save Harry, no matter what. So Remus had grabbed the baby boy, and had gotten him out of the car. He had wanted to go back, but by then, it had been too late. When he turned around, he saw the car disappearing underwater, and he had feared that he had just lost his three best friends, one of them also being the love of his life. But a few minutes later, Sirius had come above water, coughing. Remus had jumped in, and gotten him to safety as well. But they never saw James and Lily again. Sirius had later explained that he and Lily had tried to wake James up, but that they had realised that he was dead. That's when the car had gone underwater. Sirius had tried to unfasten Lily's seatbelt, but because she was panicking, she kept pushing him away. She kept crying and screaming, which meant that she had run out of oxygen really quickly. Sirius had tried his best, but she had died, in front of his eyes. There was nothing he could have done. Or so Remus kept telling him. But still he keeps blaming himself. Because why hadn't he gotten Lily out of the car sooner? She would still be alive today.

Sirius and Remus had expected to take baby Harry into their home and raise him. But because of Sirius' arrests in the past, and the fact that they were two men, it was decided that it would be best for Harry if he would be raised by Lily's sister, Petunia, and her husband. They simply ignored the fact that Lily and Petunia hated each other.

But now, it has turned out that Petunia and her husband have been abusing and neglecting Harry. So now that he is fifteen years old, he will finally be moving in with his godfathers Sirius and Remus.