4. Love and Lust

"Remus?" Harry asks, when he and his godfather are having lunch together in the court yard. Ron has been avoiding him all week, so he is getting used to having lunch with Remus.

"Yes?"

"Haven't you and Sirius ever wanted to have children?"

"We did," Remus admits. "We were actually saving up to be put on the list."

"What happened?" Harry asks, but then he realises what happened. He happened. "I am so sorry."

"Don't be," Remus says. "We love you like you're our own."

"But you could have become fathers, if it wouldn't have been for me."

"Harry," Remus says, looking serious. "when we took you in, we became fathers. Maybe not in the way we had planned it, but we did. And we love you so much, so don't you ever dare think that you are in any way, shape or form a problem to us," he says, but Harry shrugs. "I mean it. We love you."

"I love you guys, too."

"You better," Remus says, and they both let out a laugh. But then Ron comes up to them, and Harry gets a serious look on his face.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure," Harry says, and he gets up and follows Ron to a quieter place, where no one can hear them.

"Hermione and I, we got back together," Ron says, and Harry flashes a smile.

"I'm glad."

"And I told her, about what we did."

"What did she say?" Harry asks, feeling nervous about being kicked out of their group of friends.

"She asked me if it had meant more than, you know, trying it out. So I told her that it didn't, and she's fine with it. As long as it won't happen again," Ron awkwardly laughs.

"Well, I'm glad that it isn't a problem, and that you're back together," Harry says, and he means it. Ron and Hermione are meant for each other, anyone can see that.

"Thanks. So are we all right?"

"Yeah, of course," Harry says, and Ron gives him a hug. When they get back to Remus, Hermione is sitting with him, and they are talking and laughing.

"Ah, is everything all right again?" Remus asks, when the two young men join them. Harry nods, still feeling slightly awkward around Hermione.

"Do we need to talk?" Hermione asks, noticing it, and Harry nods again. Now she and him leave, and they sit down on a bench, not too far away, but just far away enough, for Remus and Ron not to overhear them.

"I am sorry," Harry says, and Hermione shakes her head.

"Don't be, Ron explained it. It was just some experimenting, nothing more, so there's no harm done," she says, and Harry looks down at his hand. "That is all it was, isn't it?"

"Yes, of course," Harry says, and he looks up at her.

"You're not in love with him, are you?"

"No, trust me, I'm not," Harry laughs, and Hermione flashes a smile.

"So are you ehm... well, are you?"

"Gay?"

"Yes," Hermione says, and Harry shakes his head. "Bi?"

"I don't know. I had never really thought about it before," Harry admits. "But then I moved in with Remus and Sirius, and I saw how they are with each other. I guess I just, I don't know. I've never even really liked someone."