8. A New Beginning

Sirius and Remus have been in Paris since yesterday, and they've been to visit the Louvre, to see the Notre Dame, and to see the EiffelTower. Sirius had been so bored in the Louvre, that at one point he had actually almost fallen asleep, standing up. But he knew that Remus loved it, so he fought his exhaustion, and forced a smile upon his face. Because seeing the smile on Remus' face, it meant the world to him. And after they had visited the EiffelTower that night, and had watched the lights, they had had dinner. It had been romantic, but both of them could tell that something was missing. Things simply aren't the same anymore.

They have just had breakfast, at the hotel, and they are now back in their room, to grab their things for the day. Remus is sitting on the bed, putting everything into his backpack, when Sirius sits down behind him, and wraps his arms around him. Remus smiles, but continues packing his backpack. Sirius starts tickling his tummy, and now Remus can't ignore him anymore.

"Stop it," he laughs, and he puts down the backpack.

"Why?" Sirius asks, sounding really serious, and Remus turns to face him, not liking the tone in his husband's voice. "Why can't I tickle you? Why do things always have to be so serious?"

"Serious...," Remus then says, and he slightly chuckles.

"That is what I mean, Remus," Sirius says, still looking deadly serious. "You used to laugh about me using the word serious all the time. We used to laugh and have fun."

"We still have fun..."

"We watch movies with Harry."

"Yes," Remus says, understanding what his husband is saying. He looks down at his hands, and sees the scar on his arm peeking out from under his sleeve. Things hadn't been perfect before then, but that is when they reached rock bottom. When he had tried to kill himself. "I'm sorry."

"Remus...," Sirius says, when he sees his husband looking down at the scar, and he grabs his hand. "Why don't we start over? Why don't we have tickle fights again, and laugh about my name? Make out when we want to, run around the hotel naked..."

"I think that that would be highly inappropriate," Remus laughs, looking up at Sirius, who is smiling.

"So? Let's do it, let's start enjoying ourselves again."

"But..."

"No buts."

"Sirius, we have got Harry to think about now," Remus says, and Sirius nods.

"We do, but he is old enough to take care of himself now, or to ask for help if he needs it. We need to start living for ourselves again, or..."

"I know," Remus quickly interrupts him, knowing what Sirius was going to say. Or their marriage won't last. "I just..."

"What?" Sirius asks, a worried look on his face, when he sees the tears forming in Remus' eyes.

"This is all my fault."

"It's not. Don't you dare... we just need a fresh start, a new beginning. And what better place to start over, than in Paris?" Sirius asks, as he wipes a tear from the corner of his husband's eye. "We're going to be okay. I promise."

-----

Harry has spent the better part of the day cleaning his room, and getting himself ready for tonight. But now that it is actually already ten past seven, he is starting to get nervous. They did say seven, didn't they? What if it was all just some stupid joke? What if he hadn't really meant it? What if he is being stood up? But then there's a quick knock on the door, and Harry runs over, and opens it. Draco is standing there, looking nervous, and Harry quickly lets him in, and closes the door behind him.