11. This isn't Life

It's been five years since Sirius was stabbed. Five years since he slipped into a coma. The doctors told Remus that Sirius will most likely never wake up again. But Remus isn't giving up on him. Never. He still visits him every single day, and he will, until one of them dies.

Harry wanted to move out when he was eighteen, to give his godfathers their own space, but after Sirius got stabbed, everything changed. Remus wouldn't eat, drink or sleep, and Harry had to take care of him. It took two years before Remus could take care of himself again. But even now, five years since Sirius 'left' them, he still isn't the same. He is like a zombie, walking around like a lifeless being. Sure, he is alive, but he doesn't feel like he is. Life without Sirius, to him doesn't feel like a life. So Harry is still living with him, taking care of the house, taking care of his godfather. Remus also had to stop working, so Harry is now the only one bringing in an income. He is working at a supermarket, which he hates, but he never had the chance to get a further education, or to look for a better job. Remus needed him.

He is still friends with Ron, Hermione, Luna and Neville, and he is now dating Ginny, who had finally forgiven him a few years ago. She had grown over her anger, or rather, her insecurity about the situation. So he does have his own life, but honestly, Sirius being stabbed, had changed his life a lot. Because not only had he lost his godfather. He had also lost the chance of being a young adult, living on his own, doing his own thing.

Remus feels horrible about it, and he keeps asking Harry to move out, to go do his own thing. But Harry worries about him too much. So he stays, because he cares too much, and to be honest, he's too scared that he will lose Remus as well. And he isn't sure if he'd be able to take it.

"Really, I want to come," Harry says, as he grabs his jacket.

"You don't have to. I can get there on my own just fine," Remus says, knowing that Harry worries about him all the time. Yes, he had been very weak for a few years, but he can do most things on his own again.

"I know, but I want to come."

"Okay," Remus says, and he grabs his jacket. It's late in the summer, but the weather has already changed. It is quite cold, and the leaves are already falling from the trees.

-----

"I can't believe it's been eight years since you moved in with us," Remus says, when they are sitting in the bus, on their way to the hospital. "Almost ten years... Twenty-two years since James and Lily..."

"You're getting old," Harry says, and Remus playfully hits his arm, laughing.

"Yes, yes I am. But I don't mind it. I just wish I would get to spend my old age with Sirius," he says, now looking sad. He starts staring out of the window, and Harry knows that he has lost him again. He is off in his own world, where unfortunately he has been spending most of his time for the last five years.

-----

"Potter?" someone asks, when Remus and Harry are leaving Sirius' room. They look over and see Draco standing there. Harry feels his heart starting to beat faster. Draco is looking quite a bit older, even though it's been only five years. His face has matured a lot, and Harry has to admit that he now looks even better than before. But he hasn't seen him in five years, and seeing him now, it also hurts. They hadn't exactly parted in a good way.

"Go. I'll go sit with Sirius for a little while longer," Remus says, and he goes back into his husband's room. Harry goes over to the blonde man, and Draco quickly gives him a hug. It should be awkward, but Harry immediately hugs him back.