10. Never the Same Again

It's the summer holidays, and they have all graduated. The Weasleys are off to Romania, taking Hermione with them. Sirius and Remus had assumed that Harry would be sad, or lonely, so they had made loads of plans for the summer. But he actually seems to be upbeat and cheery. And yesterday he had told them that he is going over to Romania, on his own, to join his friends. Ron and Hermione had known about the lie, but Ron's family had known nothing about it. So when Remus had phoned them up, to ask them about the details, it had come to light that it was a lie. Harry had had to admit that he was secretly seeing someone, and that he was going away with them, that Ron was covering for him. He had been forgiven for lying, but he wasn't allowed to go away anymore. Mostly because he refused to tell who it was that he was going with. But luckily for him, Sirius has to go away for work a lot, and Remus has taken a summer job, as a summer school teacher. So Harry will have the house to himself a lot. Which means that Draco can come over quite often.

"So you're really not going to tell us?" Sirius asks, during breakfast.

"No," Harry says, and he quickly stuffs his mouth with a piece of toast.

"Can you at least tell us if we know them?" Remus asks, but Harry just shrugs. "I guess that's another no then."

"Exactly. It's private," Harry says, and he feels guilty, but he knows that he has to keep it a secret. Which in itself points into Draco's direction. Because his godfathers know that he had a thing for him in the past, so why shouldn't it be him now? And he would have to keep it a secret, with his father being the way he is.

"Okay, fair enough. But we will find out," Sirius laughs.

"No, you won't."

-----

"So, who do you think it is?" Sirius asks, when he and his husband are in bed that night.

"Please tell me you are not gossiping about our godson's love life," Remus laughs, and Sirius shrugs, smirking.

"You cannot tell me that you are not curious about it. Or that you don't have a suspicion."

"I do," Remus admits, and Sirius raises an eyebrow. "But I am not telling you."

"Aren't you, now?" Sirius asks, and he starts kissing Remus' neck.

"Fine, I'll tell you," Remus laughs, as he carefully pushes his husband away, before he reaches the spot that will send him over the edge.

"I thought you would." Sirius smirks.

"I think it may be Draco. Why else would it be so important to him to keep it a secret?"

"That's what I was thinking as well," Sirius admits, now looking serious. "I am happy for Harry that he has found someone, but Lucius can be dangerous."

"Tell me about it," Remus says, thinking back about the time that he was beaten up by Lucius and his friends, a few years ago. Remus had given Draco extra homework, because he had missed half a year because he had been in France. Lucius hadn't been happy with it, so he and his friends had beaten up Remus. Of course going to the police would have been futile, because half of the men there are friends of Lucius.

"I just want him to be happy, and safe."

"Who knows, maybe it's someone else," Remus says. "Or maybe they will manage to keep it a secret until they can get away from Lucius."

"Let's hope so."

-----

It's been two weeks, and Harry and Draco have secretly seen each other quite a few times. But not in a few days, because Lucius has been asking questions. So the two young men text each other all through the day, and that will have to do for now. It's now late in the evening, and Harry is watching a movie with his godfathers. He is sitting on the chair, while they are cuddled up on the sofa, together with Jimmy. But Harry cannot stop thinking about Draco. He hates to admit it, but he has really fallen in love with him. All of the sudden there's a knock on the door, and Harry jumps up. He goes over to see who it is, and when he opens the door, he finds Draco standing there, with a black eye, his shirt torn, and his eyes red from crying.