9. Making Plans

"Harry, will you please help me do the dishes?" Remus asks. He is still feeling weak, because he has been ill again. Sirius is out, to a music festival, and Remus wants him to come back to a clean house. Harry had always helped out in the house, so his godfather feels like he isn't asking for much, especially not now he is still recovering from being ill.

"I've got homework," Harry says, and he leaves the kitchen.

"Harry?" Remus asks after him, and he puts down a plate, and follows him into the living room. "Please, it'll take only a few minutes. Afterwards you can do as you please, and I won't ask you for anything again. But just help me out with this?"

"No! I just told you, I've got homework," Harry says, looking irritated, and he grabs his phone from the table, and storms towards the hallway. The door opens, and Sirius walks in. Harry storms up the stairs, stomping his feet, even though Remus still has a headache.

"Harry, please don't be like this," Remus tries, as he follows Harry into the hallway. He sees his husband standing there, looking confused.

"No, do it yourself!" Harry shouts, as he storms into his room.

"What is going on?" Sirius asks, as he wraps his arms around Remus, who is looking really quite upset. He knows how much Remus loves Harry, and how much it hurts when Harry shouts at him, and treats him like that. But unfortunately, lately he has been acting this way a lot.

"I asked him to help me with the dishes. He said he had homework, so I should have let it go, but..."

"No, don't," Sirius says, and he lets go of Remus. "Don't blame yourself. He has been like this for weeks, to me as well. But I really don't think it has anything to do with us."

"I just want him to be happy again," Remus says, and Sirius nods, and puts a hand on the side of Remus' face.

"I know, hun. Me too," he says, and he gives him a kiss. "I'll go try and talk to him. Again," he adds, and he goes up the stairs. He knocks on Harry's door, but there's no answer. So he opens it, and finds Harry sitting on the bed, typing away on his phone. "Put it down," Sirius says, as he goes to stand in front of the bed.

"No," Harry says, staring at the screen.

"Put it down. Now." Sirius repeats, raising his voice.

"Piss off," Harry says. Sirius grabs the phone out of his hands, and throws it against the wall. Harry looks scared, and Sirius is glad. At least he has made his point.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Sirius asks, raising his voice, sounding really angry. Harry has never seen or heard him like this, and it is really quite intimidating. "We took you in, we give you everything you need, we work day and night to provide for you. We love you like you're our own. And this is how you treat us?" Sirius asks, shouting at the teenager. "You know what? I can deal with it, I've seen kids like you. I've been like you. Acting tough on the outside, treating people like dirt, because something is wrong, in here," he adds, pointing at his head. "But don't you dare treat Remus like that. He has been nothing but good to you. He would die for you. So don't you dare treat him like this. Don't you fucking dare!"

"I...," Harry tries, but no other words leave his mouth. His heart is racing, and tears are burning in his eyes. Tears of embarrassment, of shame, of regret.

"Don't," Sirius says, and without saying another word, he leaves the teenager's room. He goes downstairs, and finds Remus sitting at the bottom of the stairs, crying. Sirius knows that it is because he has just shouted at Harry, and Remus thinks that they should never shout at Harry. But honestly, Remus is too nice sometimes, too good for this world. What Sirius had said, was the truth. He used to be like Harry, treating people like dirt, because he felt bad about something that had nothing to do with the people he was being horrible to. So he also knows how to deal with it.