(5) It's Complicated

Had my break up speech ready

Then you kissed my face

It's the way you persuade me

You are dirty, disgusting

But I can't enough of your loving

Present

I had a sour mood because of the conversation I had with my ex-husband, Aman, earlier in the morning. In the end, I decided to ask any friend of mine a favour and help me shift my stuff to Aman's grandmother's place. I head to work in the morning instead of meeting Aman at 12.

I loved my job. It enabled me to travel and interact with people a lot, which were two of my favorite things to do. I had just completed my degree for Master's in Business Administration when Aman and I had gotten married. Yes, the job had uneven hours and a little stress, but when you do something you love, you do it with a passion and not like it's work. The brand was soon going to launch a new product in the market and for it, the publicity was in full swing. Various events were being held all over the country just to promote the new product.

Which also meant, I had to work long hours now. I had also been M.I.A from work due to my divorce, so I had to put in even more hours than others. A late night drink, seemed like the only solution to the chaos that my life had become.

I decided to do what everyone else told me to do. Distract myself, immerse myself in my work and that was exactly what I was doing. But it was difficult to be happy on the outside when inside, I was just dull.

"Hey," Anidhi said breaking my thoughts. "Is Raven coming to any of the events in Delhi?" Raven was an upcoming model. He was also chosen to be a brand ambassador for the men's products in our brand. He was actually just a regular Instagram user, with a huge girl following but a few advertisements later, he became a household name. Now, he was promoting our brand which was a huge breakthrough in his career. He also happened to become a friend.

"Yeah, he called me, he is actually in town. Needs to be here for a meeting," I said remembering that he was going to be in the office soon. "Call Kartik and tell him that Raven will be here by 2."

Anidhi nodded and went off to work. As I was sitting and doing all the paperwork, a voice completely startled me.

"Why so dull?" someone chirped excitedly and as I looked up, it was Kartik. "Do you know you look really unattractive like this?"

"I don't really care anymore," I said and went back to working on my computer.

"Mira?"

"Yes?"

"How did you come to decide that you need to leave Aman?" He asked. "I mean, yeah, being upset is a reason but divorce is a huge thing."

"There were a lot of little things, you know? That just became really big. In the end I was miserable all the time and so was he." I replied. I was in no mood to go into details. I wonder what Kartik will think if I tell him I am going to live with Aman again? This is one twisted divorce.

"I know this isn't the time to ask but.......you are young right now, What are you? Twenty five?"

"Yes." I replied with a smile.

"It's still early for you, you know. You don't have to give up on relationships. If not him, it will work out with someone else." He smiled. "So don't be so dull all the time. Life can do some unexpected things but the trick is, not to give up. There is always something to look forward to. If you can't think of anything then there is tomorrow to look forward to."