(11) oops

Oops, my baby, you woke up in my bed

Oops, we broke up, we are better off as friends

Now I accidentally need you, I don't know what to do

Oops, baby, I love you

**

The next week went by pretty quickly. Since I had been given two months off from work, I had nothing much to do. Aman and I lived under one roof but we were hardly talking thanks to our little fight. To be honest, I preferred things this way. We had promised to try but even as house mates we couldn't make it work, how could we as life partners? It wasn't going to happen between us.

All I did for the week was just catch up with emails and work from home. I made Anidhi tell me everything that was going on and I made sure Kartik doesn't find out.

With so much free time, I was also doing a lot of shopping. In case of Aman, I saw him in the morning and then just before going to sleep. He was keeping himself busy as well. I guess he had given up on us too.

I didn't talk to my mother much, I was still mad at her for getting me into therapy. God knows, how she found a therapist crazier than all her patients combined. I still don't know why she told me the horse story.

In the afternoon, I went to the kitchen to fix myself a sandwich. As I was chopping a tomato, Aman entered the kitchen to my surprise.

"Mira."

I turned around to see a very serious expression on his face. "Yes?"

"My mother wants me to meet a girl," he said.

Wow, that was fast. "Oh? Why are you telling me?"

"I think you should know. I am going to see her you know just for her sake. This girl is a daughter of her friend. She was supposed to get married last year but her husband to be, died in a car accident. It was an arrange marriage. But anyway, her mom really wants us to meet."

"That's amazing. It's about time you move on," I said with a smile. "Does she know you are living with your ex-wife?"

I wasn't jealous or anything but it had only been a few months since we divorced. How can he go around seeing girls?

"This is only three months, right?" he asked. "Anyway, I am only seeing her because her mom and my mom have been insisting a lot. I am not looking to date or get married anytime soon."

"Why? I think you totally should start dating. I bet this girl is beautiful and you both have seen the pain of separation. Imagine how well you both will get along," I said. I kept my tone cool and casual.

"Mira," he said glumly. "If I wish to, I will date whoever I want but I don't need to right now."

"'Well, if you decide to make things work with her, I would be totally cool with that. If you want, I can tell her that this living thing we are only doing for your grandmother and we both have completely moved on."

"Why can't you just say what you are feeling?" he said and moved closer. He had crossed his arms and was looking at me with a frown. "Tell me this bothers you."