(16) Mistake

Two chapters in one day. Things you do for the people you love. I mean my readers. 🤓😘😘😍😘😍😘

Though it's been awhile now

I can still feel so much pain

I know I could have saved our love

If I had known what to say

Instead of making love

We both went our separate ways

Back when Aman and I were happy, back when everything was fine, there was one night when he made me a promise.

I was sleeping peacefully. I had gone into a deep sleep after doing something with Aman that got us both exhausted. But I couldn't feel his arms around me and as I felt around at my side, he wasn't there. I sat up on the bed with half open eyes, half asleep but craving for him to be on the bed with him.

I looked towards the bathroom but the lights were off. The living room were off too but I could see a lot more than usual light coming in.

Too sleepy, I wrapped the velvet comforter around my naked self to go check.

There was Aman, sitting on the window sil, smoking. He looked deep in thought.

He saw me come in and got up. "Baby, what are you doing awake?"

"Come to bed," I heard myself say. I was too tired to make sense or form any coherent thoughts. "I can ask you the same."

He sat on the couch. And gestured towards his lap. I walked towards him and settled myself on his lap. His right hand lightly rubbed my back. "What's wrong ?" I asked him.

"I had a nightmare."

"What was it about?"

"You were leaving me."

I kissed him on his cheek. "I won't ever do that."

He smiled. "Mira.."

"Yes?"

"There is something I need to tell you."

"Is it going make me happy or is it going to make me sad?"

"It can make you sad," he said.

"Then don't tell me. Not right now.." i said and he looked confused. "This moment is too perfect and I don't want to ruin it."

He considered that for a moment.

"Mira."

"Yes honey?"

"I can't promise you that you won't ever cry but I promise you that you won't be alone when you do. I can't promise you that we won't fight but I promise we will solve it anyhow. I can't promise you that you will be always smiling but I promise I'll do my best to make you smile whenever I can. All I need you to do is promise that you won't leave. Promise me?"